Part 7- the explosion

Boom! The shutter of the canteen was blown off, followed by flames. Casey pushed Brett to the ground and covered her body with his. The shutter landed on Casey, knocking him unconscious. Aaliyah saw and began trying to reach her father when a civilian rushed over and dragged her out. Soon sirens were heard and the team from 51 rolled up. Aaliyah ran up to Boden,
"Explosion in the canteen. Shutter blew off and covered Mom and Dad." Aaliyah explained, "their still in there!"
Aaliyah began to cough harshely. Boden took her over too Dawson and her relief partner. He sat her down and gave her an oxygen mask. Aaliyah began to breathe a little easier. Boden rushed back over and ordered Squad 3 to find Casey and Brett. 10 minutes later, Squad 3 was carrying over Casey with Brett following. Aaliyah jumped up and ran to Brett. They hugged and than saw Casey. They ran to be beside him. Dawson hooked him up to monitors and intubated him. They then loaded him into the ambulance and took Brett and Aaliyah aswell. They sped to the hospital and ran him in. He was rushed into a room just as his heart began to slow.
"Dammit!" Dr. Halstead yelled, "we are losing him."
Just as they went to start compressions the monitor showed a flatline.
"He's A-systole!" Dr. Halstead exclaimed, "time of death 10:33"
Aaliyah and Brett hugged each other crying. The rest of the team came running in and saw Brett and Aaliyah crying and a sheet being pulled over Casey's head. Suddenly, Brett collapsed wheezing. Dr Halstead ran over.
"Get me a gurney!" He yelled.
A gurney was rushed over and Dr Halstead lifted Brett onto it and rushed her into a room. He intubated her and then sent her up for tests. Soon, she was lying in the ICU. Aaliyah would not leave her mothers side. She slept on the couch unless boden ordered her to sleep at the firehouse when they were on shift. Aaliyah had been on holidays so she spent everyday sitting on a couch beside Brett.
A/N sorry about the short chapter. I've had writers block so I'm sorry for the shortness.