Chapter 13: A Day in the Hidden Leaf Village

Mei's POV

I wonder why father summoned me all of a sudden? It's very unusual for him though. I'm here right now behind Lucy's old mansion. Her family doesn't own it anymore, so there's no reason for me to sneak in like I used to.

Why am I here you ask? Well, when Lucy and I were kids, together with our other two friends, we've made a secret tunnel behind her house, a meter away just behind the trees.

We've used this tunnel to visit each other since my home is a train and a boat away from Lucy's. To sum it all up it would be a 2 week trip to get to each other.

Lucy would feel alone in the mansion and Aquarius gets annoyed with her from summoning her all the time so the four of us decided to build a tunnel that only let's us travel for only a minute.

I just remembered this a week ago actually. Right now after a long time, I get to use it again. I jumped down to an eight feet hole and led me to the deepest part of it.

It was dark and the only light that was available was the one from above the hole. Hmm.... It should be around here somewhere......I was looking for the switch to where- Oh never mind, I found it.

I pulled the lever that lets the room light up and I found 4 tubes in front of me. This 4 tubes leads to the rooms of the Memory Tree. That tree is also known as our headquarters when we were kids, or should I say secret treehouse, which is located deep within the woods of the Land of Fire.

But something doesn't feel right.......That tree brings a lot of memories for me and, that's also the place where he died......

"Mei-chan......" I turned to the one who spoke. Meeting El's worried eyes, "Are you alright?" she asked. I came to my senses and shook my head.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine....Don't worry about me I'll be alright..." I stared at the tube that I used to go in to. This tube leads to my room in the Memory Tree.

I straightened myself up, and cupped my fist. "Yosh! Let's go guys." I jumped on the tube with Yuki in my arms, and went in high speed. I remembered this tube to be a lot bigger. Maybe I've grown a lot since then.

After a few minutes, the hole had come to an end and we landed on a small bed. "Well, that was fun." I laughed it off getting off the bed, and looked around my old room.

"It's exactly how I remembered it." the bed was placed near the wall at the right side of the room from door view. Across the door there is a sliding window which leads to a balcony. When I was a kid no one else knew about this huge tree except for Haze, Kaoru, Lucy and I.

But ever since 'that incident' happened, the whole Konoha Village knew about it. But they have preserved it and protected it for 10 years. I was happy that they still kept it alive all this years.

Anyways, I have to head out. I change my clothes into my customized Leaf Uniform. I wore a black vest, Blue sleeveless shirt, and black shorts. I tied my hair in a ponytail and wore my red headband of the Hidden Leaf. Of Course, I wore my blue scarf. I exited my room, closing the door behind me. My room is the second room going up the stairs. Lucy's room is the first, next to my room is Kaoru's then the last is Haze's.

The stairs goes in a swirling motion going up. I looked over to the rooms at the top. I eyed the room that was next to mine the longest. Kaoru's......

Where have you gone old friend....

I made my way towards the gates of Konoha. My father told me that we should meet up by the academy, so that's where I'm headed. As I entered the Konoha Academy, I saw students were gathered by the field. The academy is a lot bigger today than the one I went to when I was a kid.