How to Train Your Dragon

This chapter is dedicated to @flitte because she wanted me to do this review a long time ago, and I'm finally doing it! Enjoy!

I know I've said that a lot of animated movies are my favourites before, but HTTYD is really special. Why? Here's the story of how I came to love How To Train Your Dragon.

When I was ten or eleven years old, my love of dragons had recently began, and I got out many dragon books from the library, and started drawing cheesy dragons like crazy! Howvever, I hated How to Train Your Dragon. I thought it was overrated and that the dragons in it, especially Toothless, weren't 'proper' dragons. I was rude to people who tried to recommend it to me and continued to ignore the movie until I got the book for Christmas. I read the How to Train Your Dragon book and enjoyed it, then at some point (I can't actually remember this) I watched the film and voila! I enjoyed that even more. I learnt that How to Train your Dragon is actually really cool! Now is a great time to be a Rider of Berk, (that's the name for a HTTYD fan. I don't think I became a Rider of Berk until the second film's release) especially with the third film coming out in a few years. I'll still be going to the cinema to see it when I'm 17! The main reason why I love HTTYD so much is that it shows people dragons are not always the vicious, man-eating creatures we imagine them to be-just like with wolves. The Vikings' attitude to the dragons changed positively and they learnt to treat the dragons as allies, not enemies.

Now onto the plot. Fifteen-year-old Hiccup Haddock is different from the other Vikings, who want to kill dragons. When he shoots down a mysterious Night Fury and finds him lying in the forest stuck in a net, Hiccup can't bring himself to kill the dragon,as his father Stoick wants him to. He develops a secret friendship with the Night Fury, whom he names Toothless, all while reluctantly fighting dragons and trying to be like other Vikings back in the village. Hiccup has to find a way to stop the conflict between Vikings and dragons. How to Train your Dragon has an exciting plot, memorable characters, and lots of action and adventure, including a beautiful scene high above the clouds at night. Toothless uses body language and facial expressions to convey his emotions. He looks and acts much like a giant, black, winged, adorable cat. The other dragons are awesome too, and I recommend this movie to all dragon lovers! I give How To Train Your Dragon four and a half out of five stars.