Shrek

Yes, I know 'Shrek' is a surprise because I didn't put it in the description. But surprises like this are good.

I still find Shrek hilarious after not watching it for several years. In fact I probably found it more funny than I did last time!

This animated classic from Dreamworks (one of the BEST animation studios, along with Blue Sky Studios) continues to be popular today. The main character is Shrek, a grumpy, gross ogre who likes to live alone in his swamp. When many fairytale creatures appear at his doorstep, including Donkey, (who just won't shut up!) he is very annoyed. To get the crowd away from his swamp, Shrek must bring a pretty princess, Fiona, out of a tower guarded by a Dragon, to the short, selfish Lord Farquaad so he can marry her. Shrek sets out on the quest with the impulsive Donkey (literally) following him, with some unexpected turns along the way- including fallling in love with Fiona! Donkey gets a girlfriend too- the pink Dragon who loves him even though he is much smaller than her. Fiona is not your average or stereotypical princess. She appears to be so elegant and nice when Shrek first rescues her, but her true personality is revealed when she accidentally blows up a bluebird with her high-pitched voice and cooks the three eggs for lunch! I thought this was rather mean, though my other big sister told me that Fiona didn't mean to blow up the bird, and she cooked the eggs because she was hungry and the they were a peace offering to Shrek and Donkey. Still, this film is full of laughs and I am excited about watching the other two movies! The character who is my favourite is Dragon,  for obvious reasons. When I got a large plush toy of her for Christmas, 'Rose' was the first name I thought of, due to her pink colouring. So Rose is my much more creative, alternative name for Dragon. The funniest part was not in the actual movie but in a special feature, Shrek's Karaoke Dance Machine, when Dragon/Rose is shaking her butt to the song, 'I like big butts and I cannot lie'! There are lots of other song parodies in there as well. Another character I liked was Donkey. He has such a hard time, and I feel sorry for him. I like Donkey because he falls in love with Dragon/Rose and he is a funny character. Shrek is a good movie to cheer anyone up and I give three and a half out of five stars.

I have included the Shrek dance video, you should watch it because it's really funny! :)