Shrek Forever After

If you've ever read Hedwig Funny Chat, I'm going to be like the titular character here: OMG this is a BRILLIANT conclusion to the Shrek series! Unlike many other animated movies, this has many plot twists,shocking surprises, and an unpredictable ending. I have noticed that with each film, the villains get more and more evil, and the one is this movie, Rumpelstiltskin, is just insane! Caution: reading this review will spoil some of the surprises, and you will not gasp as often. 

Shrek Forever After starts out unusually, set in the time when Fiona was still in her tower. Lilian and Harold are visiting a dodgy area to sign a contract with the crazy-haired Rumpelstiltskin to free their daughter from the tower, However, Harold disagrees to this, and the time jumps forward to the present when Shrek and Fiona are looking after their babies. He goes to a birthday party (for his children) and gets annoyed at all the people there, roaring the biggest ogre roar ever! What he wants to be a 'real' ogre again, when he lived alone in a swamp and terrified anyone who came too close to him. Rumpeltstiltskin comes to Shrek with another cursed contract that seems to promise him everything he wants-'Ogre for a Day' but really is the opposite. He ends up traveling back in time to a sad world. He enjoys scaring people out of villages for a while, but then discovers his wrecked, barren, empty swamp and even a horrbibly different Far Far Away that is ruled by Rumpelstiltskin. Shrek knows there's certainly something wrong after he's captured by witches and is in great danger as he faces (unkind) Donkey, (fat, careless) Puss, (ferocious) Dragon, and even (cynical leader of an ogre army) Fiona. I won't tell any more spoilers, but what I can say is that Shrek Forever After is definitely the darkest. It's a fantastic film to end the series and I'm going through an (almost) Shrek-obsessed phase after watching them! I give this movie 4 and a half out of 5 stars. 

Extra Stuff: I found out the names of Shrek's babies: two boys and one girl, Fergus, Fargo, and Felisha. That means Shrek is the only member of his family whose name dosen't start with the letter F! My favourite scene (spoilers ahead!) is when Donkey and Dragon kiss-I think they're a cute couple. :) On the Blu-Ray version it's worth checking out the Christmas-themed special features Donkey's Christmas Shrektacular and Shrek's Yule Log Fire.