Shrek 2

Oh my gosh this movie was so good, even better than the original, EXCEPT for...NO DRAGON!!! :( Well, I loved the addition of five new major characters, and Dragon should return in the second. Packed with humour and lots of romance (and kissing!) some awesome songs, and a more complex plot, Shrek 2 is a highly enjoyable movie. 

Set a short time after the first film, Shrek and Fiona are having a romantic honeymoon together in his swamp. However, the romance soon turns into arguments when a group of men from the king and queen's palace announce that Fiona has to come with her husband to visit her parents in Far Far Away- which is exactly what the song played for it is- a 'funky town'  Shrek isn't pleased; he assumes that his in-laws won't accept an ogre at their palace, and he desperately dosen't want to go. The carriage with Donkey, still chatty as ever, and Fiona almost leaves without him and many fairytale characters take over his house (Pinnochio, Gingerbread Man, The Three Little Pigs, and others) so he just has to go. Donkey is super-annoying to Shrek while on the long journey-but he's still my second favourite character! At the palace, Harold and Lilian welcome their daughter warmly, even in her ogre form, but the king seems to have a strong dislike of Shrek. Disaster erupts at the dinner which was supposed to be polite, and Fiona storms off into her room. There, she meets the Fairy Godmother, who appears to be helping out Fiona at first, but actually turns out to be a cruel villain later! She wants Fiona to fall in love with her son, Prince Charming, who is just so arrogant. To stop this from happening and to make himself look better, Shrek sets out with Donkey and the feisty cat Puss in Boots to retrieve a love potion from the Fairy Godmother's crazy factory. It has a massive effect on him and Donkey, who tested it- the next day Shrek is a handsome human who lots of ladies like, and Donkey is the 'noble steed'- a white horse! I'm not going to tell you what happens after that, but I can tell you this film has an snazzy soundtrack with the songs 'Accidentally in Love' 'Holding Out for a Hero' and an interesting remix of that song in the credits. Shrek 2 is an awesome film with loads of laugh-out-loud parts, like when Puss looks really cute until he beats up some tough guards. I give this movie 3 and a half out of 5 stars.