chapter 12. Who is he?

Start from the beginning

Yoongi glanced up at the man, then glances at the key.

"I like things to be official before I take things to bed. That makes me feel more excited." Taehyung said, then pointed at the key. "Keep it. Consider it a gift."

"The spare key?"

"Precisely."Taehyung commented.

"What am I to do with this?",Yoongi asked.

"Feel free to give that back to me whenever you want, Yoongi."Taehyung answered,"until you do, I'll only entre when you invite me, but after you do, I'll come and go as I please."

Yoongi stared at Taehyung suspiciously for a moment before he grabbed the key in his palm. "...Fine."

Yoongi doesn't know what this man is up to, but if he's thinking Yoongi's gonna invite him over for dinner, he's mistaken. He'd never do that, not willingly, that is. He just has to go along with this, since he has nowhere else to go to begin with...

"Right then! Good job today!",Taehyung said and waved at Yoongi, but looks back once more. "Ah, you can keep the coat. Also, you may want to change now. Although I don't mind you walking around wit-"

"Get! out!"

-

Yoongi threw the spare key inside a locker and shut it close before placing the safe under the bed.

He has changed into pyjamas now and was ready to succumb to the comfort of his soft mattress and pillows; however, as he flopped down on the bed, his mind traveled back to the key and root of his anxiety - Kim Taehyung.

The key... Yoongi knows it better than anyone else that if he hands Taehyung the spare key back, it won't only stop at just sharing the apartment...

Yoongi slid the sheets up to his neck and stared at the celling.

"...Does he want to sleep with me?", Yoongi thought to himself.

If he had to think rationally, isn't that one of the possibilities? Actually, doesn't his actions speak for themselves? He's always so... overprotective, touchy with him. Or is he just deluding himself?

Maybe returning the key would be a signal that Yoongi, too, wants to have sex with him.

Taehyung's a guy. Yoongi's a guy. Given the fact that Taehyung immediately knew that that jerk Junhyuk was his boyfriend at once the first time they met, he must know Yoongi's gay.

He can't be oblivious to that, right?

Yoongi turns around and makes himself smaller inside the blanket.

... But he'd rather not be involved with a murderer.

-

The next day Yoongi wakes up to the tangy smell of tangerines. Taehyung was obviously the one doing the deed, but this time, instead of the staircase, he was in front of his doorstep.

"...What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Taehyung smiled up at Yoongi. "As you can see, I'm peeling tangerines."

"Do you think I'm blind?! I'm asking why you're here instead of your usual place!",Yoongi faltered. Whoops, they're co-tenants, it's probably rude of him to yell at him for trivial matters.

"Because here is the closest to you, Hyung." Taehyung smiled innocently at Yoongi. "By the way, don't apologise for the outburst just now. I feed off your sense of guilt, you see."

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at him. "The more you talk, the less I feel like apologizing."

Yoongi glanced at the tangerines. The tip of his fingers have turned pale, no doubt he had been peeling them for a while now.