Chapter 38: The Ice Stone

"I fear things are going to get worse around Songrim, and the entirety of Daeho" he said. "I don't want you to be influenced by anything that may or may not  happen, I lied when I said that there were no connections between your appearance, and anything that went on in Daeho at the time" he said

"Huh? You mean you found a link? Then what is it? Do you know who my family is-" I was cut off as he put his hand up, mentioning for me to stop talking so he can continue.

"There was a family who lost a baby the same time you appeared, but a few days later the father passed. Only a few know about it, me, you, the servant who found you, and Jin Mu" he said.

My brows furrowed, Jin Mu? What is it with him and my past?

"I'm sure your confused so let me explain. Your first official meeting with Jin Mu, the day Uk fought the crown prince, I noticed something about Jin Mu" he explained.

"He looked puzzled, like he was trying to figure something out, then, after a few minutes a look of horror struck across his face, he was scared."

I don't understand, scared? Of what? A mere servant? Nevertheless I let Park Jin continue without interrupting him.

"At first I was confused like you are now, why would he be scared of you, a servant but then I came to a realization. He wasn't scared of you, he was scared because he didn't know if you found out or not" he said.

"Find out what? What was he scared of me finding out?" I asked.

"Because I believe that he was the one who stole you from your home that night. He was afraid you would recognize him and go after him for revenge" he said.

"It's... it's all because of Jin Mu?" Anger was building up in the pit of my stomach, I can't believe him, how dare he do that?

"Don't get to upset about it, no matter how upsetting it sounds, there's more to the story, more that I cannot tell you right away, but you'll learn in due time why he might have done it, and who your family is exactly"

"Why can't you tell me?" I asked. He sighed "when it's time, you'll learn everything you've ever wanted to know" he said.

"I still don't understand, why tell me this now if you weren't going to explain what you meant?" I asked again, I'm so confused and angry.

"Because if the next few days go as I suspect they will, you might learn some things about yourself, and I don't want you to learn it from someone who will use it to their advantage"

I scoffed, walking away, I don't understand, why can't he just tell me now? Instead of waiting? And who's the right person to tell me? It's all so confusing!

While I was walking away from his office, I ran back into Sang-ho. "What did he need?" He asked.

"Oh, he just wanted to talk to me about something, where are you heading?" I said. He looked at me for a second before answering "I'm actually going to talk to Lord Jin" he said.

"Oh, what about?" I asked, he shook his head "I cannot tell you, but I'm sure you'll hear about it from Dang-gu soon"

"Unlikely as he's living at the Jang residence, but I'm sure if it's that important I'll hear it from someone, hey, do you know where Young Master Seo is? I need to ask him something"

"Unfortunately not, he's been lacking in the talking to people outside of you, Uk and Dang-gu, spirit these past couple of days" he said. I nodded my head "sounds like him, anyways see you later"

"Bye" he said, then turned and walked away.

**

I finally found Yul in Jeongjingak after what seemed like hours of looking for him.