Jungkook Part 3

A part of you feels like you shattered the progress you and Jungkook had made

A part of you feels like you shattered the progress you and Jungkook had made. You couldn't quite place your finger on what caused the moment to unravel in such a way, but a wave of awkward silence has washed over you two, halting the conversation from continuing. You want to apologize, but didn't know what it would be for. It was strange to feel this way towards someone who's technically a stranger. A stranger that, just yesterday, you had loathed. It was very confusing and your brain had very little strength to really unpack it all.

The silence allows you to wallow in your thoughts. You couldn't help the sinking feeling that weighed in your gut. It was an unexpected emotion that coupled nostalgia and contemplation together, forcing you to confront some forgotten feelings stored within you. Before you could really process it, the words came tumbling out of your mouth.

"This kind of reminds me of a few years ago," You say, breaking through the thick silence. "It was a weird snow storm and the news advised everyone to stay indoors because it was reported to only get worse."

"Yeah, that was a few winters ago, huh?" Jungkook questions as you hum your acknowledgment.

"The storm lasted nearly a week and the only thing I could think of was how lonely the whole experience was." You don't know what compelled you to be this honest with Jungkook.

He, too, looked taken aback from your honesty. You could see his features shift from confusion and softening, all the while remaining silent to give you the space needed to speak.

"I'm an introvert at heart, but that week made a lot of things very clear about my life." You say, keeping your voice a soft lull.

You can see him silently mulling over your words, as if finding a way to appropriately respond to what you were saying. You weren't even sure what you wanted to hear from him, but it felt nice to say the words out loud.

"It didn't take long for me to resume my usual ways–always focusing on work, always staying home and being a hermit for the most part." You chuckle while saying that last part. "I guess, I don't know, thanks for being stuck with me." You breathe out a laugh, feeling embarrassed by admitting any of this out loud.

It felt odd to say it, but when you glance up at Jungkook, warmth flooded your chest as his gaze held yours. There wasn't a hint of judgment in his stare which helped you feel a little relieved. Your honesty shocked you to some extent. You never fully acknowledged how lonely your life was, how you shut yourself in rather than enjoying it to its full capacity.

You think of the many instances where your friends had extended an invitation for you to join them, whether it was grabbing drinks after work or planning a mini vacation for the holiday, you always somehow found an excuse to decline them. You definitely lost some friends along the way because of this, which doesn't pose as a huge loss since your remaining friends have an understanding disposition for your life choices, but it doesn't go unnoticed as to how isolated you can be. You've seen how your preferred hermit ways have put a strain on your past romantic relationships. Your exes have claimed that you're boring which has done a number to your self-esteem.