Chapter 12: Kallen Kaslana

Ryu: "Soo..."  He looked directly forwards as he was seated in a cold holding cell, his wrists tied tightly together and an unconscious Kiana laying next to him.  "You might be wondering how we ended up in this situation. Well it all started after Kiana and I met that woman named..."

>Chapter 12: Kallen Kaslana<

???: "Ryu...?"  Their bickering ended as both teenagers looked at the woman in confusion, with Ryu being more confused.

Ryu: "Uh...? You know my name..?"  Her eyes burned as tears began to fall from them. She suddenly ran to him and latched herself onto him, taking them both to the ground, with Ryu releasing a surprised yelp.  "Hah!? What the—"

Kiana: "H-Hey! What are you... Ryu what are you doing to her!?"

Ryu: "Does it look like I'm in control here you damned block head!?"  He yelled but slightly froze as he could feel the woman's tears drenching his jacket. He didn't know why but for some reason he felt somewhat internally... connected to her... and his hand instinctively went to gently stroke her along the back.  "Um... Ma'am... I'm not fully sure what's going on, but could you at least tell me your name?"

???: "Don't you remember me, Ryu...?"  She asked as she slowly sat up, straddling him as she looked down at him with red, tearful eyes. But then she smiled.  "I'm Kallen. I'm..."  She gulped as she held back a cry before she gently wiped her tears and stared deep into his golden ones.

Kallen: "I'm your girlfriend, along with Sakura."

There was a deafening silence for a good minute or two before Kiana was the one to break it.

Kiana: "EEEHHH!?!?"

Ryu: "I-I'm sorry... Huh?"

Kiana: "You never told us you had a girlfriend, Ryu!"

Ryu: "Well I never knew I had a good-looking woman as my girlfriend!"  He blurted out before covering his mouth. Kallen blinked in surprise before blushing deeply as she looked away, while scratching her cheek.

Kallen: "O-Oh my..."  Ryu held his head and sighed before sitting up, with him now coming face to face with the elder Kaslana on his lap.

Ryu: "Um... I'm sorry, Kallen Ma'am. I do not think I'm the same guy you've recognized me as..."  He said as Kallen slightly froze and looked at him.  "I may have his exact name, Aikawa Ryu... However, even if that were the case, I don't have any recollection of being with you nor with this 'Sakura'."  He said honestly.

Kallen was silent for a good while, taking in what he said. To her, he was a splitting image of the man she knew... from his appearance to his name... to even his personality and the connection she could feel she has to him... She slowly looked down while gripping her arm.

Kallen: "I see... I'm sorry."  She said as she slowly got up off him.  *thoughts*  "But everything about him... Sure he might be slightly younger looking, but everything about him is as I remember... Wait... Maybe he lost his memories when he.. died...? But that wouldn't explain why how he even came back..." 

As the elder Kaslana was stuck in her mindscape, Kiana who had managed to push aside everything that happened, noticed the expression of Ryu. He looked... conflicted, confused and he was holding his head. Kiana felt... concerned for him, which was a rare thing.

Kiana: "Are you okay, Ryu?"  She asked in a soft tone of genuine concern. Kallen also took notice of this and looked at him. Despite what he had just said to her, she couldn't help but drop by his side and gently help him up onto his feet.

Ryu: "I... I don't know anymore... So many weird crap's happening to me... Dreams, this feeling in my heart... And now, for some reason, everything that Kallen just said to me... I don't feel like she was crazy or anything. *sighs* I don't know Kiana..."  He said, his blackened hair shadowing his eyes. Kiana found herself walking to him and placing a supporting hand on his shoulder.