(Azure Waters Arc) Prologue: How it all Began

"Honkai" is largely viewed as a malevolent force of with a will of its own, able to corrupt humans into undead creatures, manifest itself in the form of various monsters, and select various individuals known as "Herrschers" to imbue them with god-like powers able to trigger apocalyptic events. Once civilization gets too advanced, the Honkai will end all civilization on earth; this is a cyclic phenomenon.

Since the Honkai's outbreak, humanity formed massive global corporations to combat against the power of Honkai, research it and weaponize it. The main and largest of them being is, "Schicksal", which is lead by the "Overseer".

January 23th 2000...
Babylon Labs-Siberia...

Located in the Tundra of Siberia stood a massive tower known as the "Babylon Labs", the second largest Honkai Research Lab in the entire world, with the largest being "Schickal Headquarters"

Located in the Tundra of Siberia stood a massive tower known as the "Babylon Labs", the second largest Honkai Research Lab in the entire world, with the largest being "Schickal Headquarters". Housing the 3rd largest Honkai Reactor pile, Babylon Labs was a 50 story tall building, with 322 staff running it. While the 20 lower floors held the Honkai Reactions, the 30 higher floors housed the 3 Research Divisions—the "Energy Division", "Weapons Division" and "Advanced System Division" Labs

The Energy Division was focused on the theoretical terms of Honkai and gave support to the other teams when needed. It was placed lowest in the building compared to the others.

The Weapons Division used the theories given by the Energy Division to create equipment for work on the field, such as the Pantheon Series. They were in between the other two divisions.

Finally, the Advanced System Lab was located highest of the three divisions, and worked on integrating Honkai energy to the human physiology. This specifically worked to perfect "Stigmata".

However, unknown to the outsiders, the Advanced System Lab held something disturbing; Human test subjects locked in cells. Schickal would bring orphans in to experiment on, due to the simple fact that "nobody would care if they died". These orphans were a part of what was referred to as "Honkai Adaptability Trials". These trials consisted of injecting Honkai Energy into the children and observing the outcome.

These trials lead to the deaths of many children from excruciating pain.

One of said test subjects was a young girl with long light purple hair and golden eyes. She had grown up in a small village in Belarus with her mother. However, her mother passed away from exposure to Honkai Radiation and after which, the young girl was taken into the Babylon Labs for testing.

Her name was, "Sirin".