I just want to help

Aleira 

I don't know where I am right now, but all I know is that this is a memory. 

"Mommy!" I screeched as I ran into Aunt Vivi's house and Mom's head turned, her face breaking into a beam as my feet stomped towards her noisly and she hoisted me up, smiling. 

"Jude, you shouldn't do that! She's heavy and it's-" Aunt Vivi started and Mom kissed my cheek, eyes glaring at her sister. 

"If you say it's bad for the baby, I will kill you," she remarked in a sing-song voice as she bounced me and Aunt Vivi sighed. 

"I'm just saying, Jude. Your uterus has been more hostile since having Rhea," she said hushedly and I looked at Mom, confused. 

"What's a uterus and why is it being hostile to you? And why didn't you kill it already?" 

Dad started roaring with laughter in the other roomand Vivi snickered, turning away as Mom's eyes widened and she bit on the inside of her cheek before she could burst into giggles. 

"That's a good question, honey. But see, my uterus is like a.. bird's nest. It's where the... egg and the baby will grow before it hatches and a baby is born!" she tried to explain it as well as she possibly could to a five year old girl and my face burst into sunlight. 

"So it's like a kinder surprise egg!" I exclaimed and Dad exploded into another fit of laughter as Mom closed her eyes. 

"Yes, darling. Exactly like that!" she said, glaring at Dad who's lips were now twitching as he made a fizzing noise as he approached us. 

He took me from Mom's grasp and started bouncing me. 

"You were definitely a surprise kinder egg," he cooed, kissing my forehead and I giggled. 

I flash back to the present, and I sit up in bed as I throw off the covers, chuckling. 

Before the anatomy and sex talk, I had been so naïve. 

Then before Aeden was born, I had to learn how children were conceived and what the uterus was actually like. 

I'd never forget that scarring conversation. 

As I leave my rooms dressed in pants and a dressy shirt fit like a corset with stretchy material covering my arms and my neck like a turtleneck with my sword strapped, Castien is leaning against the doorframe smirking. 

"Good evening, Princess," he says and I smirk back. 

"What, you have to follow me around like a hawk now that your family's left? Or more like a puppy?" 

He snickers as we walk and I smile at him. 

"So I figured yesterday we went riding, you obviously don't need training holding a sword, so what do you want to do?" 

He shrugged. "I wouldn't mind if you showed me around Elfhame. Such a beautiful place and yet all I've really seen has been the inside of the palace and briefly outside." 

I raised an eyebrow. "Well what do you want to see?" 

He hummed to himself before he grinned. "I want you to show me the castle your mother and aunts grew up in."

I grin. "Then we better get going." 

A/N: This is short I know but I'm trying to update okay?