"So, first, the incident with Amara—no, actually, before that...you remember Nathan?"

She nodded her head, snapping her fingers. "Of course. I've been wondering why you haven't brought him up since all these days. I mean, he seems to be different."

Different? Maybe. If he could make me smile, answer questions in Chemistry class when I didn't want to, and let him go scot-free when he invaded my personal space, then maybe he was different as my sister said. How did I even allow all that to happen in the first place?

"I don't know for you."

My sister looked at me like large horns on popped off my head. "Keep capping. Girl, there are seventeen…abi eighteen? There are sha students in your class, including boys. And you've only told me about your encounter with Nathan since the start of senior school; what did you expect me to think?"

"Ok, ok." I said, waving my hands. "I'll continue now. So, I don't know if I've told you before, but Nathan and Daniel, myself aside, are the ones who get to school early."

"You haven't, but continue."

"Today, Caleb—"

"Oh, yeah." Kosi snapped her fingers again, nodding her head like an agama lizard. "Chocolate skinned, Edo boy. Basketball player, tall, and charismatic, no?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Don't say that whenever you see him, you wouldn't want his ego to be too big to handle."

"I'll take your word."

"So, Caleb and Nathan arrived school at the same time. Caleb asked Nathan and me why we get to school the time we do, and when it got to Nathan's turn for answering, he responded and left few seconds after."

"Ok. But what's the issue there?"

"He said he liked the atmosphere of the class. And he looked at me while he answered!" 

"So?" Kosi asked, brows lifted. "I mean, you could have influenced his answer or something. You guys are friends, right? Also, he probably didn't want to appear vulnerable to Caleb."

Yes, of course. That might just be it.

"Well, now you said that, I think so. To the next issue now."

"Why do I feel I should grab myself some snacks?" Kosi let herself fall on my bed.

"I don't think so, but if you keep on interrupting, then maybe we should."

"Kuli kuli and orange juice?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Fine by me."
_

By the time I bathed and changed into a yellow, cotton shirt over jogger pants, I found Kosi in the dining area with the kuli kuli placed in a bowl on the table and the orange juice served in two glasses. Kosi had her eyeglasses on as she typed on her laptop, occasionally throwing the groundnut snack into her mouth.

I pulled out a chair and sat. "I'm back."

She lowered her laptop screen. "Give me a minute."

"If you're busy, I can tell you after."

"No, I'm not so busy. Just give me a minute."

"Fine." I drawled out, dragging a glass of juice for myself. I took a handful of kuli kuli to eat while waiting for her to get done. A lot of people didn't know the tastiness of the cultural snack. The taste alone as I chewed it made me grab more.

Kosi pushed my hand away and set her laptop aside. "You can continue now."

"Where was I sef?" I ran my hands through my hair.

"The next issue."

This my sister eh.

"Oh, yes. I kind of confronted Amara because she's been spending most of her time with Daniel. Besides, we haven't gone home together since Monday. Then, you helped matters by giving her a reason to spend time with him again."

"I was only trying to help a fellow female. Is that jealousy I hear?" Kosi peered at me over her glasses.

"No, it's not. We're best friends, and we talk things through. Amara and Dan are supposed to make things clear to me, not just exclude me from the onset. I get it that they're still fresh into being a thing and that I'm going to remain a third wheel in basically everything from now on. Of course, in human and feel pangs of jealousy when they leave me out. Or when Amara leaves me with Nathan while we're in the middle of a convers—"

"She left you with him? Where?" She sipped some orange juice and dragged her chair forward with utmost attention.

"Where do you think? On the assembly ground na."

"Tell me what happened then." Kosi tapped the table.

"He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and urged us to—no, sister, it's not what you're thinking." I shook my head.

"He wrapped his arm around your shoulders."

"Yes! But that's not the main focus her. We haven't discussed this properly since their confessions to each other, which I anchored by the way. I know I'm being selfish by saying this but I just can't help this feeling."

"Oh, Kaira." She said in a soft tone, brows drawing close.

"Having little friends isn't so good. And not talking to them makes me feel worse. Like I should regret letting them realize their feelings, knowing that this would happen. Flashback to a week or two ago, we were together as usual."

"Don't be like that." She shook her head. "If anything, don't regret doing what a true friend would."

"I'm trying, but when they keep giving me reasons to, it's hard not to feel alone, again." I sighed, my chest tightening a bit. It brought back a feeling similar to one I had shut out a while ago.

"This situation isn't the same. You're just worrying too much, Kaira. This is something which can be solved with a proper talk amongst you three. If things keep going like this, you'll find yourself growing apart from them without even noticing. And that would definitely not make sense. I know you're always the one taking the initiative when it comes to matters of this sort, but just do it. And if they still act that way, then so be it."

"I don't want that." I managed to say, trailing imaginary lines on the table, the kuli kuli and juice already forgotten.

"I know, and that's why you guys have to talk about this."

"How? Amara even left with Daniel immediately the bell for closing rang."

"How sure are you? They could have gone to buy stuff."

"But they didn't tell me." I sunk into my chair.

"I'm sure you're just overthinking stuff. It might not have occured to them."

"You see? That's what I'm talking about."

Kosi covered my hands with hers. "Still, my sister, let's not jump into conclusions, okay? Assumptions give rise to fuckups. Now, let me suggest something."

"What?"

"Eat, and with a cool mind, have a rethink. Then text them so you guys can have a chat about this. Better yet, if you want, you can tell them tomorrow."

My lips formed a small smile. "Okay. Thank you."

"I'm more than happy to help, my love." Kosi winked, switching her laptop on once more.

"Ew." I scrunched my nose, letting myself laugh a little.

"Love you too, Kaira bear."

____

I finally updated… and, I'm sorry for not releasing this chapter sooner😓

Also, I saw that we're above 600 reads, isn't that wonderful? I honestly appreciate every single one of you reading this book✨❤️

Can we get to 1k reads?🌚