14

I was right. Amara did wear an Emerald sports wear to school, and I had no idea whom she got the clothe from. I wasn't even meant to be surprised at how she managed to get it; nevertheless, I was. The colour did suit her. I wouldn't lie. She wore a dark blue, long sleeved wear beneath the school's shirt, hiding one of her insecurities. It matched our school's sports skirts which didn't even reach our knees.

All in all, Amara looked really nice today. As she did other days.

Still, I rolled my eyes at her as we descended the stairs. "Third day, she betrays me again. Bloody traitor."

"It's not like that, Kaira. It's just...I wanted to try out the Emerald sports."

"There's no such thing as the Emerald sports. Sports is sports. Sports done in Emerald House is the same as the one in our Red House. They're all the same. Your excuse won't work, honey," I said. We were downstairs already.

I spotted colours everywhere. Blue down to Red. Overly energetic JSS 1 students ran around, obviously trying to piss the teachers and students off. It kinda pissed me off too, seeing those small beings deliberately cause nuisance. I could understand now, how annoyed my seniors were back when I still had the energy to be troublesome. Trust me, I still couldn't figure out how I had that energy.

"Don't be angry."

"Oh." My smile didn't reach my eyes. "I'm not angry, only pissed."

She pursed her lips. "It's the same thing."

"I know."

We moved out of the way to stand by the window of a random class. Amara sighed. "I'm sorry for not telling you."

"Don't worry. I'm not that angry with you. I'm just, well, not happy about it since you didn't tell me beforehand." I said, shrugging.  "Besides, where did you get the sport wear from?"

Amara took two steps backwards with a smile. "Kosi."

Oh, after all, my sister was in Emerald while she schooled here.

"I should have guessed so. But who told you to…"

An arm went round my shoulders, and all I could do was swallow my words. My immediate reaction should have been to swat the arm away, yet I didn't because I felt weird. Once I saw its owner, my breathing hitched. Amara covered her mouth, wiggling her brows thereafter.

"Let's get going, shall we?" Nathan grinned at me, and I swear, I still didn't know what to say. But why? I had a million words in mind to put across, the first of them formed a valid question. I could have asked, Who allowed you access to my personal space?

The crazy part of it all was that I still couldn't say anything.

"Yes, let's. I'll get going now." My sly friend said, retreating slowly. "Bye, Kai—oh, that rhymed, my goodness!"

I shook my head and waved her goodbye, turning to see if I could finally question Nathan who only dragged me towards the area for Red House.

The field, where other red clothed students were, wasn't getting any nearer, and being in such close proximity to him had his scent doing strange things to my stomach. I didn't like the sound or  the feel of that.

So, I decided to talk. "Hello?"

"Oh, hi." Nathan answered, not taking the hint. He didn't spare me a glance. Instead, he continued, "What's up?"

"Uh, hello?"

I waved my hand in his face, making me gain his attention. "Hi, Kaira. Beautiful morning, isn't it?"