Ella's Halloween Night 2

Ella

Halloween Day 2.

My head pounded aggressively as soon as my mind became awake. I groggily pushed myself upright, first noting that I was in Scarlett's room, second noting that Gage and Parker were also in the room. What the fuck.

Slowly the night returned to me. My stomach turned as I remembered Trevor's tongue in my mouth. Gross gross gross. Let's forget that memory. 

Worse than that was the knowledge that Zach didn't like me. I'm gonna need quite a few shots tonight. 

I loudly reached for the Advil, suppressing painful groans and still managing to wake everyone up. Scarlett sat up suddenly. "What the fuck."

"What the fuck," I said in agreement. Neither of us had a single clue how we became friends with Gage and Parker again, but we've learned just to accept it.

Gage got up looking cheery. Being our friend does something to this kid. "I need coffee," he announced. Scarlett and I gave each other evil looks.

"So let's go make some coffee."

We stomped down the stairs, no care in the world to how loud we were. Noah was already in the kitchen, the first victim to our plan.

"No fucking way. Scarlett, what the actual fuck are they doing at our house?"

"These are our friends," she spat, "remember our policy about friends? We can have whomever we want over. It's my house, anyway."

"This is so different. So so so different."

"The difference is that Gage and his friends are actually quite nice to you, while your 'friends' are horrible to your own sister."

"I'm getting our brothers."

"Go ahead. We'll be downstairs making some coffee," she added sarcastically, "let me know if you want any."

Noah scowled and headed back upstairs. 

"Let's get out of here," Scarlett whispered, and we all piled into Gage's car.

-

We didn't see the brothers again until well into the party.

The night was a blur, much less planned out than the one before. We were a very, VERY, drunk version of Blair and Serena, a television pair we agreed best resembled the two of us. We love to scheme, but the only difference is that we never sleep with each other's boyfriends.

The night felt boring because our mischief did not have the explosive consequences we were used to. On the brink of fully blacking out, we went around saying random shit to people.

"And I just think you should brush your teeth with a little more...TLC," I found myself saying to Trevor. "And don't forget the tongue!"

He looked back at me with the most mortified expression. "You don't really mean that. You're drunk," he replied, trying to reassure himself. Drunk words are sober thoughts. 

"Sorry, Trevor. I've got to go," I said in very Serena fashion.

I caught up with Scarlett and we giggled over our collective stories. I was so dizzy I could not figure out how I wanted the night to go, so I continued making the rounds to say whatever was on my mind. 

I heard Scarlett talking with Finn a few minutes later: "And you use a little too much tongue, if I'm being honest." I covered my mouth so I would not burst out in laughter. "I wanted to give you a couple pointers so the next girl can be more...satisfied."

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched the brothers approach her, all but Zach. It was me that he approached.

"Come on, we're going home," he said, tugging me by the arm. I recoiled at his touch, knowing how he feels, and even worse, I could see he did not want to be doing this at all. My heart sank. He didn't even want to talk to me.

"Zach, I—"

"Zip it, Ella. You have said enough tonight." Okay, at this point my heart was through the floor. And I knew I deserved it. I had no limits when it came to revenge, and my mouth had no boundaries when it was numb from alcohol.

I watched the other boys do the same with Scarlett, dragging us both into the car. The ride home was completely silent. I was focusing on my breathing, trying not to exhale too loudly. The tension was insanely high.

As soon as we stepped through the doors, Brandon called a house meeting. "I think we all need to set some boundaries in this house. First and foremost, everyone needs to drink less. It has created so much unnecessary drama. Ridiculous amounts. So stop it."

The room remained silent as Brandon continued. "Second of all, if the boys do not like your friends, you cannot bring them over, and the same goes for the girls. Everyone has to feel respected in this house.

"Tensions have been high for the past week, and Halloween showed just how cruel we can be to one another. But we need to remember that we are a family, and we should not be torn apart by stupid shit like this. Does everyone understand?"

We all mumbled "yes" before being released to our rooms. No one spoke.

Once we shut the door, Scarlett asked, "Was it just me, or did that not help at all?"

"Yeah, I doubt things will go back to normal just yet. Maybe it will have to get worse before it gets better."

"Ugh, I hate this. Can't I just have a normal family life?"