Chapter Ten: Strange 🔍

Rainbow's Pov 8:41am

I already left Soarin's house... I didn't want to wake him up since he was peacefully sleeping... Ehem, ring any bells? Remember my lovely date? Exactly... Now, I actually left a note on his bed saying that I left to go home... Not like dragging around someone in the airport...

After last night, when I remembered my childhood friends, I realized I haven't been spending much time with Dusk, one of my closest friends. Ever since Soarin came into the picture, I haven't had much time for Dusk... We used to hang out ALL the time... I just can't believe I lost one of my best friends... I started tearing up again, so I decided to grab some hot chocolate that Wave Chill made yesterday. I guess I never really remembered Jamie due to the fact that Dusk would always change the subject... I guess that makes sense since I'd end up on the verge of tears, like how I am now... I forgot he even existed ever since Soarin came into the picture... He's such a great friend and I just forgot about him for the last few weeks... I believe when I was in eighth grade, I had formed a slight crush on him... So, Soarin wasn't my first crush... Me and Dusk also dated during our freshmen year, and we broke up in the summer... We decided we'd be better as friends, which I think was the right decision. I mean he was a really sweet boyfriend, but I guess we just both had a feeling that it wasn't right... I'm gonna get dressed so I can go over to Dusk's house...

Time Skip 9:57am

*Ding Dong* "Hello?" A young boy answered the door, "Rainbow Dash is that you?" He asked me, "Hey Dusk." I said casually, "Aww, I've missed you so much! And I think you grew a little!" He teased me and pulled me into a hug, I rolled my eyes. "I missed you too... I've just been really busy lately, but I wanted to come and say hi." I smiled, "I'm actually heading out now for some breakfast, wanna come along?" He asked me and locked the door, "Sure! I'd love to!" I exclaimed. I'm

Time Skip 10:19am

"Okay, would that be all?" The waiter asked us, "Yes, thank you." Dusk replied, "Soo, how's Wave Chill?" He asked and sipped some of his coffee. "He's doing good, being less overprotective, if you know what I mean..." I said happily, "I'm surprised he didn't flip when we announced we were official..." he wondered, "Well, that's because he knows you silly! Not like Soarin..." I said accidentally saying the last part... "Soarin? Wait, you have a boyfriend, don't you?" He smirked, "Well, um..." I blushed, "You're still adorable when you blush..." he smiled "Soo, who's the lucky guy?" He smirked, "His name is Soarin." I said quietly, "Soarin? Soarin Skies?" He asked, "Yes..." I replied, "Oh. My. Glob. YOU'RE DATING A CELEBRITY?!" He said like a little girl, "Yup... Lucky me..." I said nervously, "So, um, about Jamie..." I said, and watched his smile instantly turn into a frown. "I never got in touch with him..." He said sadly, I suddenly felt tears streaming down my face, "Shh, Rainbow it's okay. We'll all reunite one's day..." He reassured me. Dusk got up and sat next to me, letting me cry on his shoulder for a while. "Your food is served..." Tom the waiter said and placed down some bacon and eggs.

Time Skip 12:04pm

*Keys unlocking door* "Thanks again for taking me out for breakfast Dusk." I smiled, "No problem, it was nice catching up!" Dusk smiled as I waved goodbye. "So, what was that about?" I stern voice said as I turned around... And no, it wasn't Wave Chill. "Soarin? What are you doing here?" I said, referring to the fact that he was in my house... "I was going to drop you off at your soccer sign ups, but when I saw you weren't home your mom let me in. And exactly who was that?" Soarin said suspiciously. Shoot, I totally forgot he was dropping me off... "That is none of your business..." I snapped, Soarin just rolled his eyes at me... "Let's just go..." I said quietly, and grabbed my bags... Soarin started his car, and I got in thinking about what had just happened... Did we just have our first fight? Why was he so angry and nosey? Did I do something wrong? Maybe I shouldn't have snapped at him... "Um, Soarin?" I asked Soarin who was focused on driving, "What..." he said angrily, excuse me sir... "You don't have to be so rude..." I said quietly, "Listen, that guy you saw back there was-" I cut myself off when I remembered Jamie... "Was?" He said, waiting for me to continue, "Oh, sorry... Was my childhood best friend... Dusk..." I said, feeling like crying again... "Okay... Wait, why are you crying? Dashie what's wrong?" Soarin said as he parked in front of the school... "It's n-nothing..." I sniffled, "No, it's not nothing, tell me what's wrong!" He said starting to get worried. I started crying... AGAIN... I'm sorry if I'm being a drama queen, but I just you know... Had a um... Thing for Jamie... So, when he left... My heart broke into a million little pieces... Anyways, I ended up telling Soar everything... Besides the part about me crushing on Jamie... And the part where I dated Dusk... And the part where I was crushing on Dusk... And- Well, I think you get it... Basically, I cut out every part where I think Soarin would get jealous. I know I'm so kind, don't thank me... "Aww Dash, you should've said something." Soarin said and wiped away some of my tears. "You sure you don't wanna go home instead?"Soarin asked and opened the door for me. "N-No I'm f-fine..." I stuttered as I grabbed my bags and walked towards the P.E. field for soccer sign ups. "Okay, Dashie. Have fun!"Soarin said and kissed my cheek. "Call me when it's time to pick you up." He said like he was my mom or something... I just nodded my head in reply and walked to the bleachers.

"Here's the sign-up sheet Miss." A girl said and gave me a pen along with a piece of paper. I put my name on the paper, so I could rejoin the soccer team for the millionth time. I have to join every school year, but it's totally worth it... Soarin already signed up for boys' soccer last week, I always come to his practices to see him, and he always comes to mine... I should probably call Soar now it's getting late, and my mom said it would rain later today... "Hello?" I said as I called Soarin, "Please leave a message-" the voicemail lady said. Argh! Why isn't he answering! I've called him like twenty times now! Great, it's raining... I'll just walk home, in the rain...

Time Skip 1:49pm

*Key unlocking door* I walked into my house soaking wet, from the storm... "Hey Rainbow-" Wave Chill started, and saw an angry, wet, and disappointed, Rainbow Dash... "HI." I said and stomped into the house, wetting the floor... "Uh, where's Soarin?" He asked, since SOARIN was supposed to PICK ME UP! "WELL, I GUESS HE WAS WAYYY TO BUSY TO PICK UP HIS OWN MAREFRIEND!" I said and dropped my bags down. "Well, um... Maybe his phone died?" Wave suggested, I rolled my eyes, and went upstairs to take a shower.

I just can't believe him! He's been so off today! First, he fights with me about having another friend drop me off, and then comforts me like nothing happened, AND NOW HE LEAVES ME IN THE RAIN! I finished up my shower and headed to my room, and after I got dressed my phone rang... Yup, it was Soarin... I ignored the call and put on some Pj's and looked out the window to Soar's house. I saw Soarin, and he looked worried, and was frantically typing on his phone... Huh? I got a message from... Ughh! Soarin! I read the message, and just left him on read... I looked out again, to see Soarin flunk onto his bed and got out his guitar... Aww, I didn't know he played guitar... Maybe I'll call him... "Hello? Dashie?" A voice said on the phone in excitement, "Hi..." I said kinda annoyed, "Why didn't you reply? I got worried!" He said, "Well... SOMEONE ABANDONED ME IN THE RAIN!" I shouted and hung up... I just can't right now...

Soarin Pov 4:57pm

I can't believe she won't answer me! I've called her, texted her, and even tried sign language through my window! But she just closed the curtains! I left her in the rain because... Well, I uhh... Had important celebrity business to do... Hehe... Anyways, I can't believe she was with another guy! Her so-called "Best Friend" is more like her boyfriend! I saw how close they were... And she's not telling me something, I just know it! I sighed and looked out my window to see Dashie, giggling? She's texting someone...

Rainbow's Pov 5:37pm

*Dash giggles* Oh my gosh, I didn't know Dusk was so funny! And such a flatterer too, not as good as Soarin's compliments, but still! Speak of the devil... He's staring at me, I waved to get his attention, he immediately snapped out of it and pretended to be admiring the rain or something like that... I giggled and rolled my eyes, I guess I should give him a call...

Time Skip 8:21pm

Finally, the rain stopped, it was quite relaxing for a while... I think I deserve a spa night, so I got out my face mask, put on my wireless headphones, and listened to my playlist... I chose another song and finally removed the mask, I applied some cream, and other stuff for my face... *CRASH* What the- "SOARIN?!" I screamed as I saw the boy standing over my knocked down lamp, "Oopses..." he mumbled and picked it up, "What do you want?" I said and got out my face kit. "I wanted to check up on you..." He smiled slightly, seeing I was in a bad mood, "Okay..." I said and applied some moisturizer, "Listen, Dash. I'm sorry, I was just busy at the moment... And I had no idea it would rain!" He explained, walking towards me, "I guess I can forgive you..." I mumbled and put my stuff away, "You really think you need that stuff? You look beautiful already..." Soarin smiled, "Ehh, no. It's just a thing I do every week..." I said while blushing a little... "I'll head back now, it seems like you're tired." Soarin said, walking towards the window. "W-Wait... Can you stay?" I asked, Soarin seemed a little surprised... "Sure." He said and closed my window. I got into my bed and looked over to Soarin, "I love you Dashie." He whispered and kissed my forehead, I smiled and went to sleep...

A/N: Hey guys! If you haven't already, remember to check out my book, Secret Soarin! Thank you all for reading my stories and have a wonderful day! Byeee!

(⁠/⁠¯⁠◡⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠◡⁠)⁠/⁠¯⁠ ⁠~⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻