Chapter 11 - losing faith

Start from the beginning

Y/n pov

I watched as Dean walked back to his room, anger and hurt on his face. I didn't know what was going on. But I knew it was something about me.

A few hours go by Sam comes into the library where I'm stilling reading.

"Hey...y/n.... I think I found a case do you know where Dean is?"

"No" I say almost disappointed

At that moment Dean enters the room. I look up at him seeing if his mood changed. It didn't he didn't even look at me.

"I heard my name?"

"Yea I was just telling y/n that I think I found a case."

"What is it?"

All of deans words come out cold and monotone.

"A town has been coming up with unexplained disappearances. Body's wind up drained and dumbed somewhere. I think it's a Gjin."

"Makes sense" I reply

"Okay we leave in 1 hour." Dean says before walking away.

I walk back to my room and I begin packing my things thinking about Dean and the way he is acting. It's like when we first met cold and distant. Why was he being like this. Was I bad in bed, was that all he wanted from me? I was lost I didn't understand. I finish stuffing the last of my clothes in my bag grabbing my belt with knifes and gun, I wrap it around my waist letting it settle I grab my keys and head out to the garage.
***

We head out to the town I decided to take my bike this time, trying to avoid the awkwardness between Dean and I.

We stop and a bar to grab a bite and some drinks

We stop and a bar to grab a bite and some drinks. I follow the boys into the bar. We take a table and order some food and drinks. None of us talking. After eating Dean gets up and heads to the bar.

He starts ordering more drinks and shots for himself not to long after jealousy started to flood through me

He starts ordering more drinks and shots for himself not to long after jealousy started to flood through me. Dean began to chat it up with some blonde haired girl. Who's shirt was too low not to notice. She smiles and places her hand on his bicep tracing it with her finger. He laughs at something she says then gestures to the back of the bar where the bathrooms are. A pit in my stomaching starting to form. He knows I can see him. There is no denying. They continue to talk. Sam must have noticed the anger and jealousy on my face. He looks to Dean then back at me before speaking.

"Y/n I know about you and Dean and what's been going on between you two, your my best friend and I don't want to see you get hurt. Dean...as you can see...is not shy with the ladies he doesn't do relationships, I just don't want you to get your hopes up and be disappointed like you clearly are now."

I sit there in silence a moment more. Mad at sams words, more angry that they were proving to be true.

"Y/n? I am not trying to be insensitive I'm just trying to protect and look out for you, I don't want Dean to be responsible for breaking your heart."

"It's too late." I growl.

I down the last of my beer and slam the bottle on the table. My eyes filled with rage piercing  at Dean and the girl. They both turn there heads to look at me due to the loud noise from the bottle. Deans eyes wide. I grabbed my jacket and helmet and storm out the door. I hop on my bike about to start her up when the feeling of defeat washed over me. I slouch down as I begin to feel the warm salty tears roll down my face messing up my mascara. Not long after I stormed out Sam had left the bar, he knew I didn't want to talk to him so he walked across the street to the motel we were going to stay at. After he passes me I reach to start up my bike still crying, Dean walks out of the bar the girl close behind him. The sight sends daggers through my heart. He stops a beat with a bit of surprise and gilt on his face when he sees I had not left yet, and the tears coming down my face, but either way he leads the girl to his car letting her inside. The sight was too much for me to bear. I start my bike up and drive off as quickly as I could. I didn't care it was raining and dark.

***
Deans pov

I knew I shouldn't be talking to this girl but I needed to get my mind off y/n I needed her to see I'm cutting her off to save her. She may not understand now but she will. I'm trying to save her. I know I'm not going to do anything with this girl, but I need to make her believe. That's when I heard a loud bang I look over she had been staring at me and the girl. Her eyes on fire with rage. I felt terrible like I had been hit by a bus. She stormed out not too long after Sam follows. I waited a few minutes hoping she would be gone. I think she has seen enough I don't think she needs to see me leave with this girl even if I am just giving her a ride home. It will be too much. But of course to my luck as I walk out the door with the girl, there y/n is sitting on her bike tears in her eyes. I never wanted to see her cry let alone be the one who made her cry. I feel ashamed and I feel terrible I wish I could fix this but it has to be this way to save her. She sped off I was worried it's not safe out but I can't act like that I just hope she has faith.