𝟎𝟗

- The Lucky Compass

" I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B questioned glancing at his friends from the rear view mirror in his van as they were heading towards the Redfield Lighthouse together, " A family heirloom

" I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B questioned glancing at his friends from the rear view mirror in his van as they were heading towards the Redfield Lighthouse together, " A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" Olivia and Kiara shared an hesitant look as while they understood why he hasn't given up and still has hope that his father is still alive there is also a possibility that he is dead and didn't want John B to get his hopes up only to be disappointed in the end.

"Yeah. It's possible" Kiara muttered quietly as she
glanced at her friends who was sat in the back off the van as Pope raised his brows sending a look to his best friend and added in, "It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels" Olivia shook her head shoving Pope lightly sending him a look to not go there as JJ smirked with his brows raised and commented, " Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of Ickies, that's how I do it"

Olivia narrowed her eyes at JJ pinching him in the arm causing him to groan in pain swatting the blonde girl away from him, " Ow! Liv! Liv! Will you just stop inflicting pain on me?" Olivia faked a smile as she tilted her head to the side as she nodded her head in agreement and stated, " yeah, when you stop being an insensitive moron"

" I'm not concocting, okay?" John B snapped as he interrupted JJ and Olivia before the two started bickering with one another like they normally do, " My dad's trying to give me a message" Kiara placed her hand on John B arm as she squeezed it in reassurance and told him, " if it helps you believe, John B" Olivia sent him a sympathetic look as she knew how close he was with big John and it broke him when he heard that he was lost in sea pronounced dead, " Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? Look, I'm not trippin' out"

" it's okay to trip, bro, but..." JJ began to say only to be cut off by John B who groaned in annoyance clenching his jaw tightly and harshly snapped, "Look, my dad is missing, okay? Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering."

Olivia turned to look at John with a sad look on her face as she knew exactly how he left as her father left when she was just 7 years old leaving her and Topper to look after their mom and neither of them have heard from him since so she understood what's it like when someone you love just leaves and not hear anything from them even if it's just letting them know if there okay.

" it's been almost a year, John B," Kiara told him in a soft tone as Olivia placed her hand on his shoulder rubbing it softly as he turned to glance over at the blonde sending her a small smile as she suggested, " he could of been kidnapped that's definitely a possibility" Pope nodded his head in agreement with the blonde girl who tried to comfort him and added in, " Yeah, he could be in a Soviet sub, getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere"