"Everything. What's your name, what other soulmates have you found, what do you do for a living?" Sam counted off on his fingers.

"Well. My name is Y/N L/N. The soulmates I've found are Tony Stark, Clint Barton, Natasha Romanoff, Steve Rogers, Thor Odinson, Loki Odinson, and Bruce Banner. And you, of course. I work for S.H.I.E.L.D-" I started to recall, counting my soulmates off on my hand.

"S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Sam interrupted. Right. He wouldn't know what that was.

"Intelligence organization. Off-brand FBI." I said offhandedly, waving it off, "They own the Triskellion."

"Got it." Sam nodded, seemingly making a mental note of this mysterious organization.

"I also don't live here. I live in New York." I said awkwardly, cringing at the misfortune of the situation.

"Well, that makes things...difficult." Sam laughed dryly. He noticed it too. Long distance wouldn't be fun.

"Yeah." I sighed, folding my hands.

It was quiet. We both knew this wouldn't be a walk in the park. Of course, it wouldn't be because of-

"Hey, stupid question, you didn't happen to see the news about what happened in New York 2 years ago, did you?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"I didn't see it. I heard about it though. Everyone did." Sam mused, stating the obvious.

"So, you don't know the significance of about half those people." I sighed, rubbing my temples, "Okay. So, I'm just going to spit it out, all of my soulmates are the Avengers. I'm one too."

"Hold on. What?" Sam asked, taking a double take.

"Yeah. I can manipulate matter. That includes every type of matter. Excluding living things. I can also manipulate my body however I want." I explained, wringing my hands.

"So fancy telekinesis and shape-shifting?" Sam asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes! Exactly! You're the first one to say that besides me." I said with what was probably a little too much energy.

"Can I see?" Sam asked excitedly, his face full of interest.

I smiled bashfully as I lifted an apple slice from the bowl of fruit I'd been given and had it spin around in the air. I had been training my powers even harder lately to increase their strength. I wanted to make sure I could protect my soulmates. I refused to be a weak link.

"Wow. That's...wow." Sam mused, wonder shining in his eyes.

I blushed, turning away to eat the apple slice.

"Oh no no no. Don't hide your face from me." Sam said, taking my face in his hands and making me face him. This, of course, made me blush even harder, "You're too hot to hide your face."

"Oh my God, Sam. You absolute Cheese Puff." I laughed, turning bright red.

Sam only chuckles.

"So what about you?" I asked, bringing the conversation back into focus.

"Hmm?" He asked, taking a grape from the bowl and popping it in his mouth.

"Name, occupation, all of it." I counted out on my fingers.

"I'm Samuel Wilson, I run a group therapy for veterans and the like, and I live here, but you knew that." Sam winked at me. Why that little-

"That does make things difficult." I smiled sadly. I couldn't take him away from that. Those people needed him.

"If you'd like, you can stop by tomorrow. I'm having a session down at the Veterans home." Sam smiled, seeing my expression turn droopy.

"That would be great. Steve and I are actually visiting a friend of his down there tomorrow so I'll make sure we stop by." I smiled, grabbing one more apple slice as I stood up.

"Great." Sam smiled, a happy glint in his eyes.

"I have to get going. I was supposed to go on a mission today and Nick is not going to be happy I missed it. I have to go find something to make him think I was doing something productive. " I laughed, imagining his threatening glare.

"Nick?" Sam asked, confused. Right, he didn't know who that was.

"My boss, Nickolas Joseph Fury. Everyone calls him Fury but I call him Nick to piss him off." I smirk, kissing Sam's cheek.

"Well, then I'll, uh, see you tomorrow." Sam stuttered, embarrassed at what I had done.

"See you tomorrow, Sam."

Word Count: 1273

*Hey Loves! Told you! Once I have at least most of it already going I'm all good. Now, this isn't my best work but I have something going for me. For all the people who complained about her calling Nick, Fury (AKA ALL OF YOU), she's calling him Nick again. You're welcome. Make sure you eat and drink something and get plenty of sleep. Stay magical ✨️*