Chapter 15

I walk into the control room and sit down at the table. Nat is there along with Thor. Nat sits down next to me, concern on her face.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Nat asks me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine. Tony is just being an asshole." I huff out, still angry at the aforementioned man.

"When isn't he?" Nat laughs.

"Very funny," I said monotonously.

There is silence for a few moments before I break it.

"You know, this isn't what I expected." I sigh, head in my hands.

"What is?" Nat asks, confused. She lifts my head to look her in the eyes.

"My soulmates. I expected there to be a bit of animosity between them but I didn't expect them to be constantly fighting." I say, clearly upset.

"Well, they are men." Nat jokes.

"I also didn't expect them all to be rich, famous, or powerful. I expected...normal." I say, agitated.

"Do you want normal?" Nat asks with a furrowed brow. Wow, I'm such an asshole. I just told one of my soulmates I wasn't happy with them. Stupid Y/N!

"Yes...No...I don't know. I just never expected that I would have to do this, you know?" I sigh. Fuck, I'm terrible.

"I know," Nat says in a kind tone.

"Agent Romanoff? Please go interrogate our prisoner." Fury says, walking over to us.

Nat nods and I walk over to where Thor is talking to Agent Coulson.

"As soon as Loki took the doctor, we moved Jane Foster. They've got an excellent observatory in Tromso. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday. Handsome fee, a private plane, very remote. She'll be safe." Coulson says to Thor.

"Thank you," Thor says, standing upright.

"Who's this? Should I be jealous?" I tease between Coulson and Thor.

"Jane found me the first time I came to Earth along with Erik Selvig and a woman named Darcy. They took care of me during my banishment." Thor explains hurriedly. He didn't want me to get the wrong idea.

"Ohhh," I say, standing up straight as well.

"It's no accident, Loki taking Erik Selvig. I dread what he plans for him once he's done. Erik is a good man." Thor says after a moment, turning to Coulson.

"He talks about you a lot. You changed his life. You changed everything around here." Coulson says, gesturing to the rest of the room. What does that mean?

"They were better as they were. We pretend on Asgard that we're more advanced, but we come here, battling like bilge snipe." Thor says as we start to walk around.

"Like...what?" Coulson asks, confused. I was right there with him.

"Bilge snipe. You know, huge, scaly, big antlers. You don't have those?" Thor says, gesturing with his hands. I chuckle at his childlike movements.

"I don't think so," Coulson says slowly, still confused.

"Well, they are repulsive. And they trample everything in their path." Thor says as I admire his features. I never really took a good look at his face. He was really attractive, in a rugged sort of way.

Thor moves over to the window we were standing near and looks out.

"When I first came to Earth, Loki's rage followed me here, and your people paid the price. And now, again. In my youth, I courted war-" Thor started monologing.

"War hasn't started yet." Fury interrupted from the stairs next to us.

He seemingly came from nowhere and Thor and I both glanced up at him, me a bit more startled than Thor.

"You think you could make Loki tell us where The Tesseract is?" Fury asks Thor, stepping closer to him.

"I do not know. Loki's mind is far afield. It's not just power he craves, it's vengeance, upon me. There's no pain would praise his need from him." Thor says majestically. I would never be able to shake the awe in my eyes at the way he speaks.

"A lot of guys think that until the pain starts," Fury says, still walking closer to Thor. I freeze. Was he asking Thor to torture Loki?

"What are you asking me to do?" Thor asks Fury, stepping right in front of him.

"I'm asking, what are you prepared to do?" Fury asks hands behind his back.

"Loki is a prisoner," Thor says finally. He wanted this conversation to end.

"Then why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat that wants to be here?" Fury says angrily.

"Because in a perfect world, no one would have to work and we would all be at home instead of on a poor recreation of the Flying Dutchman?" I say, making my presence known.

Fury gives me a dirty look while Thor looks confused. He didn't get the reference.

"Why don't you join Agent Romanoff, Agent L/N?" Fury instructs me.

I jokingly salute him before walking off.

"If you hurt any of my soulmates, I'm coming for your head!" I call out as I walk out of the room, not able to hear any responses.

Word Count: 853

*Hey Love! Time? What's that? I don't know but it doesn't sound fun. All jokes aside, we should get back to a sort of normal update time soon. Hope you have had a good day/will have a good day. Make sure you eat and drink something and get plenty of sleep. Stay magical ✨️*