Chapter 34

After a long night of wandering, and one of my hand-maidens finding me in my half asleep state, I finally managed to get back to my room.

As my hand-maidens undressed and washed me, my mind began to wander.

I hope Thor and Loki are alright. That was a really brave declaration back there. I'm proud of them.

As I got out of the tub and was dressed in a pastel y/f/c nightgown that reached my ankles, I remembered something from earlier.

"Adelie!" I exclamed, snapping out of my trance, "Where's Adelie?"

"She's not here, My Lady. I haven't seen her since you left to meet with the Allfather. Heimdall called for her." A hand-maiden with strawberry blonde hair said from beside me.

"I have to find her. It's very important to see her as soon as possible!" I exclame as I go to the side table by my bed. It had my personal belongings on it, including my clothes I arrived in.

Despite my hand-maidens' best efforts, I got dressed into my tee shirt and jeans and grabbed my shoes before bolting from my room.

I heard yelling from behind me as my hand-maidens tried to stop me. Why didn't they want me to talk to Adelie?

"My Lady!" I heard a deep voice call from a room I ran past. I immediately recognized it as Thor's. Fuck. He would be able to catch up to me in no time. Ugh.

"Sorry Dear! Don't wanna have to do this!" I yell as I turn around to push him into his room and remove the door handle with my powers.

As I kept running through the halls and down any stairs I could find, I realized I would never be able to escape this labyrinth of a palace.

I looked around frantically to see if I could see any escape route.

To my right, there was a large window that seemed to be cracked open.

As I looked out the window, I realized I was able to see the horse stables from here.

"Alright. Just like jumping down the stairwell at home. Just a bit higher." I mumbled to myself aloud.

I walked backwards to get a running start and looked to make sure no one could see me.

"Darling?" I heard a voice that belonged to Loki call from a nearby hallway.

"I'm sorry, My Prince. I have to do this." I mumble before jumping out the window. I stretched my body into a hang-glider and began to glide down to the horse stables.

Why was everyone trying to keep me from finding Adelie? It was so suspicious. Did Loki and Thor know? Did Frigga?

As I landed outside the horse stables, I opened the door and went inside. It was dark, the only light coming from the moonlight coming through the open door.

I quickly ran over to Cyrus' stall and opened it up. I was surprised to find he already had all the gear on him, along with a note.

I picked it up and began to read, confusion turning to shock.

"I thought you would need this, F.F." I read aloud, a smile creeping onto my face.

Frigga Freyrdottir.

As I got on Cyrus and rode him through the streets of Asgard, I made sure to go as fast as possible.

If I was right about this, Adelie was lying earlier when she said she was born on Asgard.

Word Count: 582

*Hey Loves! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm really trying to make these little filler chapters have some real purpose. The "I love you" statements, the back story, etc. Make sure you eat and drink something and get plenty of sleep. Stay magical ✨️*