xi. lunar eclipse

Start from the beginning

--------------------

"You're father is a highly respected private security consultant and a federally licensed firearms dealer." Victoria Argent tells her daughter in the car. It's late at night and was incredibly dark outside. "That's not exactly a nine-to-five office job. The hours are always going to be like this."

"I get it. It's just, it's kind of weird when he takes off in the middle of the night, rushing out with duffle bags full of automatic weapons..." Allison chuckles.

But her smiles quickly drops as she looks out the window with a gasp. "Mom! Look out!"

Victoria swerves out of the way of a young Scott McCall, the horn honking and the tires screeching.

"Mom, you almost killed him!" Allison breathes out in shock.

"He ran out into the middle of the road." Victoria pointed out, glancing into the rear view mirror occasionally.

"Okay, well, we have to go back." Allison said.

"Go back?" Victoria asked, giving her daughter a look.

"What if he's hurt?" Allison's eyes were wide. When she didn't get an answer she spoke up again. "Mom, turn around. Mom!"

Victoria huffed before carefully turning around and making her way back to the spot. As the car stopped, Allison quickly got out.

"Allison, Allison!" Her mother tried to stop her.

Allison looked around, not seeing the boy. Her brows furrowed as she looked down and saw foot prints leading into the woods. Without hesitation, the girl followed them.

"Allison!" Victoria called.

Allison followed the prints deeper into the woods, stopping when she saw an inhaler on the ground. She crouched down and picked it up. Her eyes darted around the area, not seeing anyone. Her mother quickly came up behind her.

"Alright, that's enough. Back to the car." She told her daughter.

Allison didn't say anything, just continued looking around. Victoria pushed her daughter slightly, taking the inhaler and throwing it. It landed in front of Allison's feet, the girl looked down at it before back up where her younger self and mother just stood. Then she turned her head, eyes landing on the Nemeton.

--------------------

The three teenagers sit up with a gasp, catching the attention of the people waiting for them in the clinic.

"I saw it. I know where it is." Scott said, pushing himself out of the tub.

"Yeah, we passed it. There was this stump. This huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though. Very big." Stiles continued as he got out.

"It was the night we were looking for the body." Scott says, looking at his best friend.

"Yeah, it was the night you were bit by Peter." Stiles said.

"I was there, too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison added on.

Scott faced her. "It was me. You almost hit me." He turned back to Deaton. "We can find it."

No one said anything, Asher and Deaton glancing at each other.

"What?" Allison asked, hugging herself from the cold.