3x2 | the bells

[a/n: if you remember in the past chapters I wrote out where rafe tried to drown Sarah because Brooke would go batshit crazy and I didn't really want to write it in, so when he talks about it this chapter it's changed.]

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Rafe slept on the floor as me and kiara shared the bed, kiara sits on the edge of the bed that morning, I had been up all night. I was debating whether to ask her or just even talk to her, that's when she jumped up beginning to knock on the window.

"What are you doing?" I whisper, sort of shouting.

"I need you to get me Singh!" She words out with her mouth to the guard as she pounds on the window. "Hey you, I need to talk to me Singh!"

"Shut up, shut up!" Rafe tells her, as he jumps up. "What are you doing!?"

"Like I owe you an explanation." Kiara tells him.

"Think for a second, kie." Rafe says as she walks over to the door. "What are you doing!" He runs over to her. I stand in between the two. "You're lying about this diary thing. You know where it is."

"No. I don't." She says to rafe, angrily before walking back over to the window.

"You don't?" Rafe replies.

"You wish." She mutters to him.

"Look, I wouldn't tell me either. But he's never gonna believe that we don't know something right. Listen, sigh-" Rafe got really close to kiara which made her snap.

"Hey!" She shouts at him, causing him to back away.

"Look around, kie. We're the only friends you've got." Rafe tries to bribe her. Then the door opens, one of mr Singhs guards walk in.

"I need to talk to mr Singh. It's urgent." Kiara looks at us before the guard takes her out.

"Shit!" Rafe shouts as he begins to pace. I close my eyes, placing my head into my hands — then I get flashbacks about me being kidnapped by Adam, that's why I hate being locked in rooms, I had to sleep with my door cracked open slightly from now on. I jump up, beginning to gasp for air. "Hey, hey, hey." Rafe repeats, going down to his knees placing his hands on my knees. "Are you alright?" He asks, concerned.

"I-I cant be locked in rooms for a long time, it gives me flashbacks of when Adam took me." I explain to him, looking at the scar on my leg off when I was fighting for my life.

"I understand, we're going to get you out of here." Rafe tells me, tucking my hair behind my ear in a comforting way.

"I could do with a joint, right now." I rest my head off the side of the bed, Rafe laughs at me.

Soon after we hear kiara getting dragged back up into the room, kiara sits on the bed, placing her hair into her hands, looking extremely panicked and worried. "What happened?" Rafe asks. Kiara ignores him. "Your going to have to talk to me at some point, okay? Atleast talk to Brooke."