The gold

[a/n; the next few chapters are not my best but a huge plot twist happens

[a/n; the next few chapters are not my best but a huge plot twist happens...]

[season 2 ep1 !]

I was at peterkin's funeral it was awkward and tense, Rafe and me made heavy eyecontact most of the time and shoupe looked at me angrily a few times. I got dragged here just because my mom didn't want herself to look selfish because her daughter isn't here, social standards and all that. The Cameron's were getting watched by the whole police force and the other detectives they've brung in.

> > >

When we arrived home it was dull. The whole of outerbanks was, it just wasn't a happy place anymore. I couldn't bare to stay in my house for longer than 24 hours either.

I was leaving to go to the beach. It was my happy place I'd say it makes me feel at peace, it's the beach That's far away from everything and no one knows about it apart from Rafe and me. I mean people probably know but usually no one is there.

I was getting ready to walk to the beach when I suddenly saw kie and pope, kie was doing a art project on the Cameron's home.
"Hey guys." I say awkwardly.
"Hi." They both reply.
"Thanks for making Rafe not say anything." Pope broke the silence.
"No problem, he deserved a beating." I shrug. They both smile at me and I decide to get going. "Uh I've got to going, I'll see you around." I smile.
"Sure thing." Kie smiles back.

The next day

All the teenagers were back at school today, god I miss them days. I was woken by the police at my neighbours house, the Cameron's, over kie's little project I caught her doing yesterday. Ward was shouting demanding he was being terrorised.

Downstairs my mom was sick of ward shouting and the police being near our house all the time but she knew she'd have a deal with it.
"Honey I made you a smoothie." My mom smiled as a tiredly walked down the stairs.
"Thanks." I smile and grab it from the counter to go and splat on the sofa, I decide to watch the vampire diaries while my mom went to clean upstairs.
"Mommmm!" I shout.
"Yes sweetie?" I replies from the top of the stairs.
"Where's dad?" I question.
"He had to run into work he should be back any second now." She answers. "There's a new project happening and apparently he gets extra money for it!"
"Oh cool!" I say shocked.

Soon after my dad arrived and interrupted a good and tense scene it was the scene where Bonnie and Damon are about to get taken into the after life. I was slurping the last drops of my smoothie scared for them and in awe at them holding hands.
"Honey I'm home!" My dad shouted jokingly walking through the door.
"Hey sweetheart, how was work." My mom ran downstairs hugging him and he kissed her on her cheek.
"It was good, I think this project is going to do us well." He says happily and proud.
"I'm so happy for you!" My mom cheered.
"How's my other favourite girl doing?" My dad questions me while scruffing up my hair.
"I'm fine dad." I smile.
"What did I say about leaving your glasses around the house Brooke." My mom groans while taking my dirty glass into the kitchen.
"I was going to put it away!" I shout in defence.
"Just remember to do it straight away next time okay?" My mom tells me.
"I will." I sigh.
"What you watching." My dad says and sits next to me.
"The vampire diaries." I reply.
"I can deal with that, what's happening on it?" My dad asks.
"There getting took to the after life." I shrug.
"Huh?" He asks confused.
"Just watch and listen dad." I sigh and play the tv.

[a/n: this chapter was quite short and boring but it was hard to write her into scenes on this ep!]