Midsummers

I was dreading today

I was dreading today. It was midsummers and my parents were forcing me to go.

I woke up in the morning and my mom was already stressing and shouting at my dad and soon to be me.

"Jason where is my lipstick!" She shouted acting like he took it to wear it.

"I don't think dad has it mom unless he has a secret drag queen job we don't know about." I tried sticking up for him. My dad couldn't help but let out a little laugh.

"Today is no time for jokes Brooke Montgomery!" She told me off.

I ignored her chaos and let my dad handle it and got some food.

Later in the night, many hours later.

I quickly slipped myself into my red dress and made my hair look less like a birds nest then put my red lipstick on while running to the car. When I got to the door I quickly put my heels on while running out the door hopping on one foot struggling. We were apparently late (to my mom) so the car was moving before I could close the door.

"Jason we're gonna be late we need to hurry." She panicked.

"Darling we're gonna be just on time." He said laughing at her.

"Don't laugh!" She screeched.

Me and my dad looked at each other and burst out laughing.

We got there just on time just like dad said. I had so much time before this was over. The Cameron's came out acting like it was the met gala.

"Why does rose look like the Statue of Liberty?" I whispered to my dad. He laughed and nudged my shoulder.

"Want a drink?" my dad asked.

"Vodka straight." I say with dread.

"Don't tell your mom I'm getting you this." He whispered to me worried.

"I promise." I promised him.

He came back and passed me the drink.

"Don't let your mom see you." He told me again.

"I don't plan on talking to any of her friends." I reassured him.

"Nor do I." He said gulping his scotch.

We parted our ways and I went over to Sarah as I haven't seen her in awhile.

"Sarah!" I called.

"Brooke!" She cheered.

"Finally someone i like." I rolled my eyes.

"Please dance with us!" She begged.

I shrugged and grabbed her hands and we started dancing and spinning each other around. Soon after wheezie joined in and we all danced together for an hour to every song even if it was a slow dance we'd make it work then I left them to go to talk to JJ as he got put in jail and I wanted to have a word.