Chapter 3: Cardinal World Part 3

The swords collided so fiercely that it's a wonder how either of them is still in one piece. As the fight continued, the intensity increase. I no longer have the luxury to hold back, because each of Elrond's attack were so heavy yet fast. One moment of hesitation and I'm dead.

"Hey! Didn't you become stronger?" I said while stepping back, as a cold sweat appear on my forehead.
"..." He didn't give a response, but just looked at me.

"Nothing to say uh!". I increase my aura and dashed toward him, and he raise his sword ready to cut me in half. As I approached him, I could clearly see him swinging his sword that closed to my neck with 'Thought Acceleration' of my Unique Skill 'Analyst'. I concentrate my aura in my foot, kicked the ground and that increase my speed even further, with that opening I swinged my sword and that surprised him for a moment, but he regained almost instantly his calm and blocked my sword with his own.

The clash was so fierce that the ground shattered under the pression. His giant body was unmoved, even with all the attacks I throw him. But I understand something in the fight, he had indeed become stronger, far more than the last time, his technique also have been refined. And he still didn't use his trump card, his beastification form.

While in the midst of the battle, I tried to find a way to break his defense but nothing come to me.

He then paused and said "Uhm. It's not just me who become stronger, you are in this situation mostly because you are content to stay as you have been ." And he used his Beastification.

His energy count become incredibly high, so much that I can't see the limit. His appearance became closer to a beast than a human, and his body grew even more. I understand that as I am now the chance to win are close to zero.

But I didn't let that intimidate me, after all I trained many years with the incarnation of unreasonableness.

"So you take it seriously now, come on!" I shouted with a fearless smile.

As he began to move, I could feel his immense aura concentrate in his sword. If I don't use everything I have, I'm dead that the feeling I get from it.

Suddenly he disappear, my senses couldn't follow his movement. I immediatly ready my sword and blocked by chance a swing from the left and I was send flying, ultimately it was my instinct that saved me from a certain death. But my wrists and few other bones were broken by his incredible strenght and my sword coated with aura cracked from the impact.

I crashed in a rock a dozen meters away, and trying to stand, my mind was trying to find a way to beat that guy.

How could I beat him? What's the options I have? The combined Unique skill and sword technique? No, I need a opening to use it and it's only a once per day, if I fail I'm dead and he already see it in the past. What's else?

No matter how hard I racked my brain, I couldn't find the best solution to it. But Elrond didn't wait me to find an answer and dashed toward me. It was too fast again, and I decided to use my Unique Skill 'Jumper' to teleport exactly where he was, and put a magic circle that explode the moment something touch it where I was.

A explosion immediatly happen the moment I teleported. But I know something like that wouldn't be enough to end him, specially in his beastified form.

I tried to attack him but he was too fast for me and I barely evade a swing of his greatsword, he punched me in the abdomen and I coughed blood. 'Multilayer Barrier' couldn't bear this much of strenght and was meaningless against this torrent of pure power.

Tensei shitara slime datta ken- Side story "Lost Memory" (Short Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara