Chapter 4: Cardinal World Part 4

[Kazuto POV]

A week after my fight with Elrond and my evolution into a Saint, I was on the way to the country of the High dwarves. The reason was simple, to repair my sword who broke in the fight. It was after all a present from my teacher. 

[Few years ago]

“Kazuto, here a sword that would be a good match for you.” Shishô said as he handed me a double-edged longsword, it was a sword with a simple design. Its grade was Unique, because before Shishô intended to give me a Mythic-Class but I refused. Saying that was too much for me as I couldn't bring his full potential, and argued that I wanted a sword on my level who will follow my growth.

I was in high heaven as I practiced a little. Its balance was exquisite. It felt just as comfortable as if it were an extension of my hand. A cheaper sword would feel some kind of air resistance, but this one was on par with a Legend-Class in that department. There was no resistance at all. When I tried to infuse my aura in it, it passed so easily. There wasn't any special effect in it, but that was enough for me at that time. I believe it was made by pure magisteel.

[Return to Present]

Arrived in town, I went to one of the best blacksmiths I knew.

“Hello! There's someone?”

Hearing that, a dwarf come to greet me. His name was Balin.

“Heya! Boy, long time no see!” as he waved his hand. “There something ya need?”

“Well, if you could do me a favor.” I said as a little sweat appear on my forehead. I know that guy really love making sword so casually said that I break mine would enrage him. After I'm a man who know when to be delicate.

“What's happen with ya?” he said a little suspicious, as he raise his brow.

“To tell you the truth, I was engaged in a death fight after the fall of the Super Magic Empire and something unexpected happened.” I continued.

“Huh! Ya went there? Ya truly need to cherish your life a little more boy” He seemed surprised that I picked a fight with the High Human there.“So what?”

“I just … uhm … broke my… s-sword” I said relucantly as I showed it to him.

He take the sword and calmly said.“I see,… ya knew there's a old saying for us, it say ‘if the sword break then his user will follow the sword in death’” with a deadly serious tone.

“I'm truly sorry!” I said as I bowed my head.

“Just what have ya dooooone stupidddddd bratttttt?!!!” as he punched my head with all his might.

I just accepted the punch, because I didn't have any excuse for it. After few minutes of silence, he examined my sword.

“Fine, I'll take care of it, I still can feel that the sword has a little life in it, so I could rebuild it with some Magisteel and …” while he's mumbling about the sword. I sit in one of the chair thinking already about the finished product.

“Hey! Boy, just what do ya think ya're doing? Ya'll help too!”  He said with exasperated tone.

“Huh? But I don't know anything about making a sword or repairing one, how can I help a expert like you Balin?” I responded. But Balin wanted me to do it seriously.

“And ya think maybe I would do it free? I need ya to find those differents components for me, and we'll see it after.” He answered as he gave me a list of the necessary components. Defeated, I accepted and went to different store where I could buy the components. And some of them are things you don't find in market, so it take me a whole day to gather everything.