Chapter 5: Cardinal World Part 5

[Kazuto POV]

The fight was easy as the Necromancer launched all kinds of spell but all of them fail to hit. I dodged all of his spells and blocked the undead's attack with my sword.

"Damn it! Why none of my spell hit him!?" the sorcerer fumed.

The truth was I forced him to use a certain type of spell, few week ago I acquired a skill called "Mental Manipulation" and it was integrated in my Unique Skill "Analyst" and I'm now training to use it in the fullness. It's the ability to manipulate the mind of people, and now what I'm doing is a "Thought Guidance" that allow me to make him do anything I want without him realizing it.

There were several reason of why it worked: first, the target need to be in a disturbed or weakened state of mind and he need to be in a certain perimeter from me. He was already angry before my coming so seeing all of his projects not going in the way he want it added to it, made it easy for me.

"That's all? Well, as I thought there was no need to worry about someone like you." I remarked as a sword come to my way and I stepped back.

"How dare you insult me like that! I am the one who will rule the world. I will revive the Super Magic Empire and will be the new king. None of you maggots will get in my way!" He shouted madly.

The Super Magic Empire ...huh? There was still some fools like him out of there? I pondered. That man is truly an idiot, if he knew about the end of this Empire then he should know that was a bad idea. After all, I've seen the Capital itself turned into a land of death.

I parried a sword that came to me and stepped to the side, one of the Undead was able to follow and tried to block my escape but I give several slashs at high speed and he was destroyed instantly.

All I did was to evade and parried only when it's the only option. Improving my movements to be more precise, more efficient and more powerful.

After few minutes, I began to increase my speed and dashed toward one of the Undead and use him as a shield as several arrows and ice spears come toward me.

I slashed several skeletons that tried to get in my way and launched a Nuclear Magic: "Nuclear Cannon", it's not because I don't know more powerful magic that I used it but because it's the easiest magic to control, as I tried to control its course.

When I activated it, the Necromancer immediatly tried to evade it with a spell that allow him to fly, but the white-hot rays changed its track and followed him.

"What?! Damn it!" he shouted as he created a Barrier to block it, but this "Nuclear Cannon" was only a diversion. I teleported above him and concentrated my aura in my sword to stab him.

Surprisingly, he was able to avoid a lethal blow and launched a fire ball at me, I evaded the spell and landed on my foot while he crashed on the ground.

"Damn you!" his eye were blood shot, he clenched his fist so hard that some blood could be seen.

I didn't respond but I could feel something is off about it, I tried to kill him on the move but weirdly failed. I didn't lowered my guard yet he was able to heal himself, not perfectly but enough to fight again. All of his summoned Undead were completely destroyed, but he didn't seem to care about it.

"I really wanted to use it for later, but now it's not the time to hold back! Be proud to be one who will witness the creation of the greatest of all beings and die by my hand!" he shouted as a giant magic circle appeared below him, I could feel that a giant amount of magic gathered toward him, more precisely his scepter.

"What the hell is that!?" I couldn't help but expressed my true feeling.

From his scepter several bodies of differents livings being came out and fusioned with the Necromancer, I could see beastmen, humans, elves, and all kinds of monsters. Not only that, but his body increased exponentially and was now about seven meters tall and was very large. You could see some of the characteristics of the beings he absorbed coming out of his deformed body.

His transformation completely changed him, it was like a total different being, his energy also increased greatly letting him in the Demon-Lord class.

"Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! The power ...The power is flowing inside me. Such marvellous sensation, it's a pity that you didn't ascent to this state Emperor Jahil!!!" he exclaimed.

Oh! Damn it, if he still have his ego then it's gonna be a problem. I thought to myself.

He then stretch his hand and a giant magic circle appeared.

"Nuclear Cannon" he muttered.

A giant white-hot ray was send above and everything in his way has melted, it even made a big hole to the outside.

"Hum? Not bad, if I have to say." he just tested his new strength, seemed satisfied with it he turned toward me with a evil smile on his face.

He dashed at a speed at odd with his enormous frame, and clenched his giant fist concentrating an incredible amount of magic in it.

He send his fist with a speed far beyond the speed of sound, but I'm able to perceive it with a great accuracy.

I evaded the blow and it made a big explosion the moment it touched the ground.

He immediately followed by casting several spells, Elemental Magic: Airbuster; Elemental Magic: Fire Storm; Elemental Magic: Earth Dome. Using the Earth Dome to block my escape route and finish me with a wide-area spell like Fire Storm, followed by the Airbuster to amplify the fire spell forming a tremendous sea of fire, but I escaped using my Unique Skill 'Jumper' and destroyed the Dome.

But he continued to pursue me with a rain of spells. After several minutes, the whole area become a mess.

Damn! I can't finish him now! His defense are stronger than before, even better than my armor if I have to say and not only that but his regeneration is a big trouble. While my thoughts are all drifted to how I'm gonna beat him, the fight still going on with even more intensity. Fortunately for me, none of his attacks could hit me but none of mine could deal a real damage either, every time I hit him, his injuries would instantly restore themselves with an ability even better than "Ultraspeed Regeneration".

Now that I'm in a dead end, there is nothing I could do than doing my best to make sure he didn't go to inhabited area.

"Hahahahahahahaha! What a shame, it's too much for a worm like you to do anything apart from running away!"

That bastard! He know none of my attacks would work so he even takes the luxury of taunt me. I cursed internally.

Unfortunately for me, he began to adapt to his giant body and the accuracy of his spells got a lot better. He even spread two giants batlike wings, and began to fly around me.

That annoying bastard! If he think that would be enough to beat me it's a great mistake. I thought. But in truth, I too was in a bad position. Maybe I could cut him but as long he has that crazily fast regeneration ability, none of my attacks would be fatal.

Author Notes: Hey Guys! It's been a long time since the last update. Unfortunately it's seem I'm bad at studying so I need to do some serious revisions, and the next chapter will go out only after a month (at best😢😢) so please I ask you to be patients.