"Miss Wilson I don't particularly remember you being a Gryffindor."

"Merlin Professor it's fate that you're here. I need to talk to you. This is perfect." Adeline said ignoring McGonagall's disapproving look.

"You're in an uncharacteristic good mood Miss Wilson."

"I know! My head is in the clouds." Adeline grabbed McGonagall's hand and dragged her into her own office.

"Miss Wilson what has gotten into you!"

Adeline shut the door behind them, "Remember that boy I was talking to you about a few months ago?"

"Mr. Lupin?"

"Yes- wait... I never told you what boy it was."

"I have eyes Miss Wilson."

"Oh. Well he kissed me. It happened. I feel like I'm going to explode!!"

"Miss Wilson you realize you just admitted to me that you snuck into a different house's common room to have a boy kiss you?"

"Technically he kissed me in the kitchens not the common room."

"Is that supposed to make this better Miss Wilson? Students are also not supposed to be in the kitchens."

"Please Minnie you don't complain about me going to the kitchens when I give you your favorite pumpkin cookies at Christmas."

Minnie? The old professor thought, She really was hanging out with the Marauders a lot. "I will ignore that Miss Wilson just this once. But I am very happy for you. Although I would have preferred it if you would've waited until the end of the year. But I'm happy for you nonetheless."

"Why would you want me to wait till the end of the year?" Adeline inquired.

"No reason!" McGonagall said quickly, "Now go back to your own common room before I take away house points."

"Yes ma'am!" Adeline said getting up and running out of her office.

"How did Flitwick win? Of all people he knows Adeline and Remus the least!" McGonagall said to herself when Adeline left.

**************

That evening, Adeline and Remus studied in the library as usual. Despite their newfound relationship, their dynamic was the same. Surprisingly there were less stolen glances shared between the pair. They didn't have to savor every look they could sneak, they knew they could have each other whenever they wanted now.

"Your birthday is coming up," Adeline said as she cross checked Remus' Transfigurations notes with her own.

"Yes it is. One week away." Remus said while doing the same with her Care for Magical Creatures notes.

"Am I allowed to get you something?" Adeline asked.

"Why wouldn't you be allowed to get me a gift?" Remus said with a laugh.

"I'm not allowed to get Dorcas and Marlene gifts for their birthdays because they aren't allowed to get me anything for mine."

"Oh fuck that; I'm getting you a gift for your birthday."