05 - recovery

The nurses said I'd need monitoring for a few weeks until I could fully regain my independence again. Megamind seemed enthusiastic to invite me to his home to look after me.

This man.

He helped me move into his house, it was much larger than my cheap apartment. He showed me to the guest bedroom and helped me unpack my very small amount of belongings. He instructed me to stay in bed and to call if I needed something.

I ended up sleeping a lot for the next few weeks. Eventually, I got comfortable enough to look at myself in the mirror again. My face had already begun forming a scar across my face, so I decided to keep the bandage on.

I was doing the same thing today, taking off the bandage to look at the damage, when Megamind walked in. He looked at me on the floor in front of the mirror and looked concerned.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped.

"Nothing-" I shoved the bandages back into my face to hide the massive scar.

He walked towards me and sat next to me. I turned to look at him and he gently ran his fingers along the scar.

"Oh dear." He said. His face was uncomfortably close to mine.

"Don't look at me, I'm hideous."

He pulls me into a tight hug.

"You aren't hideous. You're beautiful."

Him and his fat fucking head.

I pulled away and stood up. I was not going to stay rotting in this room. He grabbed my hand and looked at me.

"That day.. I was going to tell you something." Megamind says.

"Hm?" I say, sitting next to him again.

"I love you."