10

They all played perfectly each not just right. Maria smiled as they did so. Jack was dancing and having fun and Mike was smiling. Sherry was having more fun though, pretending she was part of a big concert looking out to the people that paid to see them. "Ok break?" Sherry said after they finished the song.

"Yes," Maria said getting up from her drums. In came Roger fuming. Maria and Sherry both turned their heads to see a raged Roger. They usually saw him as a happy-go-lucky Roger so they knew something was wrong. "Hi, Roger..." Sherry spoke softly.

"Hi." He grumbled slouching on the couch. Jack looked at him like he had three heads and Mike took another swig of his whiskey. Maria frowned when he saw Mike take a swig because A he's a terrible drunk and B he's been getting distant lately. She got him back like a do-over and she wasn't going to let it go that easily. She walked over to him, ignoring the pissed Roger on the couch, and took the bottle of Irish Whiskey out of his hands and put it on the table.

"Hey!" Mike yelled already a bit tipsy.

"Go sit down," Maria said calmly standing her ground. He huffed and did so slouching down on the couch beside Roger. He let out a groan and Roger rolled his eyes. "Ok, now we have the two babies on the couch what do we do with them?"

"Well one's miffed and the others pissed," Jack said strategizing the situation. Maria nodded and looked at Sherry.

"Any ideas?" She shook her head looking at the two.

"Roger, what's wrong?"

"Freddie said we were imperfect... Me, Brian, and John." He huffed. Maria felt rage grow at the thought of someone down putting John. She went to the phone and called him.

☏︎

"I'm fine." Maria leaned into his touch as he caressed her cheek lovingly. "Him and Roger just got into a small fight. It's ok though they'll make up some time."

"John you promise." She was worried about him and his feelings. He nodded and kissed her forehead.

"I promise my love." He spoke softly as she smiled softly. "Let's go to the movies." She smiles and nods.

"We should go see The Ritz." She said excitedly. John chuckled softly and nodded.

"Ok." He held her hand in his as they walked there.