7

Everyone stood speechless. They hated each other... Roger was the first to speak up. "So... are you guys like together?" Brian shrugged and sat back down strumming his guitar.

"She sometimes kisses me but not always, so I don't know what we are to be absolutely honest." Brian said not looking at any of them. Sherry smiled at Maria and then grabbed her bag.

"See you three at practice?" She asked like that didn't just happen.

"Ya..." Maria answered looking at Mike and Jack who were both in awestruck.

☏︎

Maria decided to walk alone to the recording studio. She knew how tired John had to be and Jack already left with Mike and Sherry. So she was going to go on her own. As she walked she felt herself tense up she didn't know why until she turned around to see a car. It looked like her childhood one. She felt her breath hitch as she walked faster seeing her dad in the driver seat.

Faster, Faster! She kept telling herself. She barely made it far before her father pulled the car over. She was terrified but wasn't going to go down like this. She held her keys ready to stab at any moment. He came up behind her. "Hello Maria." He spoke into her ear. Shivers trailed down her back.

"What do you want!" She snapped looking at him.

"Your husband awaits." He said grabbing her arm. She stabbed his arm and started running to the studio. But to think about it John's home was closer. She decided to take a bult there and run. As she ran she hears her father's voice yelling behind her but she didn't care she didn't listen. Her breaths become heavy but she keeps running. She makes it to his door and knocks hard enough for the whole neighborhood to know her appearance.

She cused under her breath knowing he wasn't answering as her dad grew closer. Her knocks become harsher as tears of fear form in her eyes. Finally, John answered the door half asleep. He rubbed his eyes and looked at Maria. His eyes instantly widened and let her in. He locked the door and hugged her. She cried into his shoulder shaking lightly. "Whats going on?" He asked concerned about his girlfriends well being.

"My dad... he wants me to marry this man... he followed me down the block." She said looking at her lap.