017

╔═════════.✾. ════════════╗

"Oops! Gotta go~" And with that the villain dropped the 2 balls and disappeared.

Todoroki managed to catch them before they hit the ground but only one of the glass beads transformed into Tokoyami.

"Oh, did you think I would actually give it to you just like that? A magician always has a back up plan." The magician villain reappeared in front of a portal.

"WHERE IS HE?!" I demanded.

"Do you mean the angry blonde? He's right here." Another of the villains' beads in his hand transformed into Kitkat.

A hand popped out from in the portal and grabbed onto Kitkat's neck from behind. He was being dragged slowly into the portal. Another hand popped out of the portal but with blue flames emitting from it.

Blue flames... Seems familiar.

"Shit!" I tried running after the villain and I activated my sub-quirk.

The only problem was, I had trained my sub-quirk so much today that I didn't have much energy left to facilitate it.

I paralyzed his foot.

Not enough.

Then I tripped over a rock and twisted my ankle.

"Fuck!" I winced and I lost control of the villain's body.

My eyes widened as I watched Kitkat disappear into the portal.

~

Kiri, the Prince charming he is, helped carry me back to the campsite after that incident.

We didn't speak. I was still in shock.

The red head was now helping me wrap my ankle with some bandages.

'You clumsy fuck.' Kitkat's voice flashed in my mind.

Watching Kiri tend to my ankle had caused my mind to recall memories of when Kitkat helped give me a piggyback ride when I previously sprained my ankle.

I didn't notice the tears leak from my eyes.

Not enough.

I could've done so much more.

I was so useless.

I was so close.

Kiri caressed my face with his rough hands and attempted to wipe my tears away but they only kept falling.

"Hey, it's okay. You're safe now. What's wrong?" He whispered comfortingly.

I looked into his eyes that were filled with so much concern.

My lip quivered. "I was so close and I didn't do anything. I was so useless! I should've done more but I'm too weak. I didn't do enough! I-"

My outburst was interrupted by Kiri as he pulled me into a comforting hug. He rubbed soothing circles on my back.

"No, don't say that. You're perfectly fine. You're so strong and manly. It's not your fault. Don't worry. We'll figure it out. We'll save him." I sniffled at his words.

He made me look into his eyes again.

"You did so well saving Tokoyami. Now it's the Pro heroes turn. Never lose hope. Especially in yourself." I nodded and rested my head against his chest again.

We stayed in each other's embrace for a while until the day's fatigue overcame me and I fell asleep.

'How could she ever think of herself like that when she's so... perfect.' Kiri's eyes widened as he realized the way he had been thinking about the girl in his arms.

'She's perfect... Could she possibly like someone like me?'

~

Some of our class ended up having to rest in the hospital for a few days. Some including me.

I was currently resting on my hospital bed in the same hospital room as Izu, Momo and Jiro.

Jiro was still unconscious from the villain's gas but Momo and Izu had awoken yesterday. Momo was recovering from a head injury and Izu had multiple other injuries.

Momo was currently still asleep since it was 6am. Which is way too early for anyone to be awake even for me and Izu. But here we were both awake.

I decided to start a conversation with the guilt consumed guy.

"Hey Izu?" I called out to him even though his bed was next to mine.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I know you're feeling guilty for not being able to save Kitkat. But you're not alone. I do too." I started making my way to his hospital bed.

"May I sit here?" I pointed to the other end of his bed.

He crossed his legs to give me space. "Sure."

Once I was comfortable, I continued talking. "You did great out there when you saved Kota. We tried our best and it's not our fault that he managed to get kidnapped or that our safety was compromised in the first place. It's the school's responsibility and we shouldn't be beating ourselves up for it."

I reached out to hold onto his hand.

"We should just have hope that he'll return safely soon. I'm sure he feels comforted by the fact that we were trying so hard to save him and that means we wouldn't give up on trying to save him even when he got kidnapped in the end."

Then Izu held my hand with both his hands and gave me a grateful smile.

"Thanks Yn. I'll continue to have hope." I smiled when I saw his bright smile again.

"There's the lil cutie I know and love~" I teased him.

His cheeks dusted pink.

"I'm just gonna lie here for a bit." I didn't give the boy much of a warning before I lay my head in his lap.

"W-what?!"

"Shh You'll wake Momo up." That was enough to have Izu give in.

We stayed like that for a while with him blushing and me letting him play with my hair. Soon I fell asleep with my head still in his lap.

Izu gazed down at my peaceful sleeping expression and admired my beauty.

'She didn't judge me or bully me for being weak and sad... She comforted me and stayed by my side.' He smiled fondly down at me.

'Would it hurt if I wanted her to keep staying by my side?' He let his hands run through my hair.

He didn't notice the time pass by so quickly.

Soon it was 8am and Momo had awoken but didn't bother questioning us. The rest of our class had also come to visit us.

The sound of the door opening woke me up.

I sat up slowly while rubbing my eyes. I yawned and waved at my classmates.

"Oh? Midoriya and Yn were sleeping together!" Mina pointed out.

"No Yn! You've been cheating on me?! How dare you." Pikapika started fake sobbing.

I only rolled my eyes in response.

~

I had zoned out for most of our conversation and only returned to reality when Kiri said something interesting.

"There's a way we can save Bakugo." He stated confidently.

"Oh really? Do tell." I urged.

"Me and Kirishima overheard this from All Might's conversation." Shoto spoke up next.

They then started informing the whole class about the pro heroes rescue plan and that they know the locations of the villain's hideouts where Kitkat may be held captive in.

Most of the class were sensible people so they refused to get involved in our ambitious plans.

Me, Izu, Kiri, Shoto and Momo were willing to carry out our rescue mission though.

╚═══════════.✾. ══════════╝