Part 31

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Umeji was outside, angrily pacing around, trying to calm himself down but it wasn't working. Gaku and Midori came outside, they had witnessed the entire thing.
"The hell was that about?" Asked Gaku, frowning at Umeji. Gaku saw the entire thing and knew that this was purely Umeji's fault.

"Leave me alone." Umeji snapped, not even looking at them. "No! Why would you humiliate her like that? Why do you always go out of your way to hurt her?! You ruined a good thing and for what?!" Gaku continued to scold Umeji. Normally, he wouldn't do that but Umeji went too far and Gaku felt obligated to defend you.

"I said leave me the hell alone!" Umeji said again, growing even louder. Midori felt uncomfortable in this situation and held onto Gaku's arm. "You need to apologize to her! If you don't then she might never talk to you again!"

"Good! I don't need her!"

"ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! You clearly care about her! Why do you always do this to her?! Pull her in and then push her down?! That's cruel! Why?!" Gaku continued and Umeji couldn't handle it. His fists were so tight that his nails broke the skin of his palm and freed the blood that his beneath his skin, "BECAUSE I LOVE HER! ALRIGHT?! I love her so much it hurts! When I see her with another guy I get so angry that I don't know what to do with myself! And I know what I did was bad and this doesn't justify it but what else can I do?!" Umeji sounded as if he was on the verge of tears. His hands were shaking rapidly but Gaku didn't hold back, "Apologize first off. Then you need to confess to her. Even if she rejects you then MAYBE you'll get your shit sorted out."

〰︎〰︎〰︎

You hid behind the Cherry Tree, you felt embarrassed. You cried in front of EVERYONE.

I hate you, Umeji..

Suddenly, you didn't feel sad anymore. You just felt angry. The anger was like a flame was was getting brightet and brighter. Your hands balled into a fist and started shaking.

I hate you.

You felt someone sit beside you. You thought it was Umeji but when you turned over to look, you were supposed to see yourself.

Your middle school self.

She gave you an annoyed but pitiful look, "You're the future me? Pathetic."

"What the he-."

"I'm obviously a manifestation of your brain. Duh." She pulled a lollipop from her pocket and unwrapped it, popping it into her mouth.

"So let me get this straight. You're over here crying bec of a guy?" She raised a brow, she looked mixed between disappointed and disgusted.

I hate him.

"I'm such a pathetic weakling." You buried your face into your knees.

I hate him.

"Tch. At least we can agree on one thing." She tucked her hands behind her head and crossed her legs, looking up at the evening sky, "I know that I would never cry over a guy."

"You also pushed a girl off a bridge." You snapped back at her. She shrugged and pointed at you, "But you see, we are the same person. Yet, I'm not you but you are me."

"What?" You furrowed your brows and a confused look appeared on your face. She got up and stood in front of you, "It's not too late." She said.
"It's not too late to stop being this pathetic little girl who thinks she's the main character but can't even get the guy she wants. It's not too late to become me again." She grabbed my hand and tried to encourage me but I immediately tore away from her.