Part 9

Umeji looked at his phone. Astonished at what happened. He looked over to his friends who were confused. "What happened?" Dairoku asked. "I don't know. I've gotta go. See y'all tomorrow" Umeji said before placing his phone into his pocket and walking home.

You made it to Umeji's. You knocked on the door frantically, hoping he'd open it. He opened it with an extremely pissed off expression. "What is your pro-" you cut Umeji off by pushing him inside, rushing in after him. You closed the door and locked it before peaking out the window.
"What the fuck is going on?" Umeji asked agrily. You turned to him, holding back to urge to show any fear. "Someone is following me. I hope you don't get mad I came here.. I didn't want to lure them to my house.." You apologized. Umeji's anger was immediately dropped and replaced with worry. "Someone's following you? Did you see them?" Umeji asked. "N-No but I heard the sound of a flash from a camera." I explained. Umeji let out a sigh of defeat. "Well I'm glad you're okay. You can stay here for as long as you need, if you want, I can start walking you home" Umeji offered. You turned to him and smiled at his kindness. "Thank you, I'd like that.."

You and Umeji spent your time watching anime, sitting next to one another in Umeji's bed. You both began to argue about who'd win in a fight. Levi Ackerman or Rin Okumera.
"Bro Rin is the actual son of Satan. How would he get taken down by a 30 year old midget?" Umeji spat. "Bruh Levi is literally an Ackerman, his bloodline is incredibly badass! Not to mention he'd be way more experienced than Rin" you retorted.
"Okay but who out of the two is a demon?" Umeji replied with a devious grin. You frowned. "Whatever, Levi isn't even my favorite character anyway." You leaned back nonchalantly. "Really? Most girls like Levi. Who is your favorite?" Umeji asked. "Fine but don't make fun of me!" You ordered. You let out a sigh. "Armin". Umeji began laughing loudly. "BAHAHAH ISN'T HE LIKE THE WEAKEST CHARACTER?! YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO TASTE!" He clutched onto his stomach. You waited for him to stop laughing before explaining yourself. "Armin is extremely intelligent. Yeah he's not the best at fighting but he's saved everyone so many times with his ideas, not to mention how great he is morally. He's also sweet and pure and would do anything for his friends." You smiled. You admired that about him. "I just think you're into blonde guys" Umeji replied with a smirk. You looked at him with a curious expression. "And why would you think that?" You frowned at his smug look. He chuckled and turned to you with a sly look in his eyes. "Well.. You're here with me~." Umeji inched closer to you. You felt your face get warm. Your eyes went wide but you didn't find yourself moving away from him. You began to feel shy and flustered. You looked away but could still feel his gaze burning into you. "Aww you're so cute when you're embarrassed" Umeji laughed. But it wasn't a harsh laugh like before. It was almost.. Charming? It went silent. "S-So.. I-I should be getting home.. I need to feed my cat.." You look away from him bashfully. "Alright, I'll walk you home" Umeji got up and grabbed his jacket. You got up and grabbed your school bag. You both walked out the house and saw it was dark out. "Uhm.. He can wait until tomorrow.." You laughed nervously before backing up.
You backed up into Umeji's hand and he looked at you with an annoyed expression.
"Aw is the little girl scared of the dark?" Umeji teased. "N-No! Shut up! Nobody is ever scared of the dark! Just... What's hiding in the dark.." You mumbled. Umeji glanced at you, remaining silent. "You don't gotta worry, I'm here so.. I don't think anything will happen." Umeji's face went red. He looked down shyly.
"O-okay".

You both made it to your house. You turned to look at Umeji with a smile. "Thanks for walking me home.. Again".
"No problem, I can come walk you to school in the morning's too if you want" Umeji offered. He put his hands into his pockets and looked at you with a soft gaze. A gaze you were still adjusting to. "You don't have to" You replied but Umeji just patted your head. "It's no problem, don't want you getting kidnapped." Umeji's smile faded. You let out a nervous laugh but Umeji just placed his hand back into his pocket and looked at you with a serious expression. "Seriously. There are a lot of dangerous people in the world. Stay safe, I'll be here tomorrow morning" Umeji told you before walking away. You let out a sigh.
You walk inside the house to see Night sleeping by the door. You crouch and rub his head before finding his food bag and pouring food into his bowl. He rushes to his bowl and begins to eat like his life depended on it.
You look at the package on the table. What could be in it? You walk over to the kitchen and grab a knife before headed to the taped box. You stabbed the tape and tore the box open. There was... Another box. It was white with a picture of a phone and there were words on it. "Saikodroid..? THE NEWEST MODEL?!" You were surprised. Who? Why? You open the box and just as you expected. It was the phone. You turned it on and noticed it was already set up. You noticed a phone card in the box next to it. You decided to set it up before checking what was in the phone, clues to who could've given you the phone.