Part 24

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Your scream echoed through the halls when you opened the sliding doors to find Oka on the floor and covered in blood. You heard Shin shout from behind before hands wrapped around your eyes, covering them and preventing you from seeing the horrendous sight.

"D-Don't look!" Shin said before he pulled you back into the room and slammed the door shut.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

School was canceled early that day.
Shin got a teacher and she called the police. They came and did an investigation but we're unable to find the culprit. But you knew who it was. It was Ayano. It had to be.

The traumatic memory of Kizana's death played in your head alongside the memory of Oka's corpse. You had forgotten the murder of Kizana. A murder you had a hand in.
Your body began to tremble as tears started falling down your face.

Shin noticed and pulled you into a warm and comforting embrace.
You didn't say anything. You didn't make a sound.

You couldn't even vent to Shin about this truama because you were literally an accessory to murder. What if he told? Had you arrested?

"Let's go inside." Shin suggested, nudging you a little. You pulled away and nodded. Intertwining your fingers with his and pulling him into your house. Midori wasn home yet. She and Mai would be hanging out for the rest of the day.
They offered for you to join them but you declined. You wanted to be alone but you couldn't ask Shin to leave. He was doing all he could for you even though he was closer to Oka than you were.

He didn't even question why you were having as much of a breakdown as you did and he was handling it well. Maybe he was forcing himself to. He was keeping it all together so he could be there for you. He didn't try to cheer you up, he just stayed with you and silently held you when you needed it. That wasn't something you were used to and you didn't know what to do about it. How to respond to it.

The two of you walked to your room where you immediately plopped down into your bed, crawling under the covers and curling into a ball.
Shin felt a little nervous but he wanted to be there to comfort you. So, he got in bed next to you, wrapping is arms over you.
The two of you didn't say anything. Just laid their silently in grief.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Monday, neither Y/n or Shin attended school.
Midori was leaving the gym with the rest of the school when she spotted Ayano. Her eyes glued to Taro with a creepy expression on her face.

The green haired girl didn't think much of it and continued her walk to her next destination. Just as Midori was about to enter the building, she felt a hand on her shoulder.
She turned around and noticed a blonde delinquent looking down at her but it wasn't Umeji like Midori had previously seen with Y/n.

"Hey, you're Y/n's friend, right? How is she?" The delinquent asked.
Midori felt nervous, taking a step back. It was difficult for her to answer. She had always been told to avoid the delinquents. And this man was so intimidating.

Gaku noticed Midori take a step back and let out a sigh before scratching the back of his head. ".. Nevermind.." He turned away from Midori and started to walk away.

"She's at home." Midori managed to let out. Gaku raised a brow and turned back to face Midori.
"Oka was a friend of her's so she's at home grieving. If you want, I can take you to our place afterschool to see her.. I-If you want.." She fumbled with her fingers. She was unsure of why she felt so anxious in such a weird way.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Midori and Gaku arrived back at Y/n's place. Midori opened the door and Gaku followed her inside.

"She's upstairs in her room. Follow me." Midori grabbed Gaku's hand and dragged him after her.
Gaku wanted to tear his hand away from Midori but for some reason, he didn't. He just stayed quiet.

Midori dragged Gaku to Y/n's room where Midori knocked on the door in a strange pattern. "Hey, Y/n-Chan! Do you wanna build a snowman?" Midori asked.
There was a quick yelp followed by a loud thud.

"Piss off!" The pair heard Y/n's voice shout. A snicker came from Gaku while Midori rolled her eyes and started banging on the door.
"Come on! Gaku-Kun is here!" Midori shouted back. Gaku crossed his arms, slightly annoyed but still saying nothing.
The door opened to reveal Y/n who was a complete mess.

There were bags under her eyes which were mostly covered by her messy hair that you could legally consider a rat's nest. She looked irritated as to be expected.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Your POV

You opened the door to see Midori and... Gaku?
Looking up at the blonde, you have him a confused look.

"Gaku?"

"Sup. You didn't come to school today so I decided to check in." The young man casually shrugged. You furrowed your brides and crossed your arms.
"Umeji didn't put you up to this, did he?" You asked suspiciously. Gaku shook his head.
"I'm not his lap dog, idiot." Gaku said, crossing his arms as he glared at you. You chuckled and opened your door fully.

"So is that all?" You asked, a brow raised as your eyes shifted to Midori who was a little nervous, being next to a delinquent. "I guess. I'll go home now." Said Gaku as he was getting ready to turn away and leave. You grinned and looked to Midori.
"Oh, Midori will walk you home." You said, Midori's eyes bolted wide as she glared at you as if she was saying.

"Shut up."

With just her eyes. Gaku sneered and shook his head. "No way. I don't need a girl to walk me home."

"Then at least let her see you out." You pressed. A groan escaped Gaku and be complied. "Fine."

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Sorry for the short chapter, I didn't have any ideas really for this one.