Its Cute

Pov LaToya
Day: Friday
Time: 3:30PM
Place: School
I stood outside the school holding my stomach..Waiting on my sister to pick me up. Once again..My asz got whooped by Zonnique. My bully. I'm in the 11th grade and she's in the 12th grade. Her crew started walking my way...They're most likely coming from the cheerleading meeting. She walked up to me and shoved me.
Zonnique: "Next time..You won't sass me-"

She was probably gonna call me a 'b-***' until her phone rang. She answered it and giggled. Her crew high-fived each other as she hung up.

Zonnique: "I gotta go..I'm meeting my boyfriend's new family members later so see ya."

She smirked at me and walked over to the student parking side. I watched as she drove off with the girls. Then my sister pulled up in her car. I got in the passenger seat and played it off, like I usually do.
Trina: "Hey..You know we gotta go to DaWayne's house for dinner right?"
Toya: "Ughh.."
Trina: "I thought you liked DaWayne?"
Toya: "He's cool but Jacquees is...ugh."
Trina : (laughing) "Girl get over it."
Toya: "Whatever.."
Trina: "You know mom is gon' make me fix your hair right."
Toya: "Ugh!"
We pulled up to the house and immediately started getting ready because my hair takes forever. It ain't a weave by the way and I'm not white. I'm a redbone (just a little darker)just like my dad. He lives in L.A. His name is Chris. I go by my mom's last name though..Williams. Trina put my hair in a neat bun and I put on what is in the media.
After waiting on my mom to finish getting dressed we left in her Mercedes Jeep. We pulled up to DaWayne's house only seeing one car. I guess Jacquees's not here. He's in 11th grade like me. We got out of the car and I was walking uncomfortably in these heels. My mom rang the doorbell. DaWayne answered the door and he pecked mom on the lips and hugged Trina and I. We walked into the house and sat down in the living room while mom helped DaWayne in the kitchen.
Trina: "So you think they're gonna tell us they're getting married?" Toya: "I don't know...Maybe."

Next thing I know, Jacquees opens the door holding ZONNIQUE'S HAND?!? Jacquees is Zonnique's boyfriend.."Oh my sweet baby Jesus."
Jacquees threw a McDonalds bag in the garbage and stood by us.

Zonnique: (pointing at me) "What is that doing here?"
Trina: (about to stand up) "I know this lil girl ain't calling my lil sister a that!"
Toya: (holding her back)
Jacquees : (correcting Zonnique) "She is one of my soon to be step-sisters. How do you know her?"
Zonnique: "From school."
Jacquees : "Hmmm...(looks at me) Okay."
DaWayne: (walking out and hugging Zonnique) "Hey..Haven't seen you in a while."
Zonnique: "Hi Mr. Broad ax. =)"
DaWayne: "Kids, dinner is ready."

We all walked into the kitchen and Zonnique kept smirking at me. I wanted to say that she bullies me but it just wouldn't come out. In the middle of dinner, my mom spoke up.

Jazmine: "Okay kids..Micheal and I have been dating for 3 years.."
Kids-Niq: "And...?"
Micheal&Taraji: "We're getting married!"

We all exchanged smiles and my mom burst out in happy tears. Then she took a deep breath and looked at me.."Mhmmmm?"

Jazmine: "You're gonna be staying with Micheal and Jacob for two weeks."
Toya: "Sorry..I didn't get that."
Jazmine: "You're-"
Toya: "Don't say it again! Why?!"
Jazmine: "I'm taking Trina off to college and I have a business trip."
Toya: "Why can't I stay home?"
Jazmine: "I don't trust you in that house."
Toya: "Fine."

I got up from the table and stormed outside. I sat down in the chair on the porch. DaWayne came out and sat next to me.

DaWayne : "Is it Jacquees ?"
Toya: "Mhmmm."
DaWayne : "Don't worry about it. A lot has been going on for him since his mom left us a few years ago...Zonnique isn't helping. Just give him some time."
Toya: "Alright."
DaWayne : (hugging me) "You'll feel right at home."

I smiled and my mom those walked out of the house.

Trina: (walking towards the car) "Jacquees wants to talk to you!"

I sighed and walked pass my mom and into the house. I walked into the living room to see Jacquees and Zonnique making out. "People..Breathe." They separated and breathed heavily. "What is it, Jacquees ?"

Jacquees : "Can't I give my step-sister a hug?"

As he said that Zonnique grabbed her things, kissed his cheek and walked out of the house. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

Jacquees : "I said that to get her to leave..What did I do to you?"
Toya: "Ever since you found out I existed you treat me like crap..."
Jacquees : "Just like Zonnique does....I'm really sorry about all that. Please forgive me."
Toya: "Its okay, Jacob but how do you know about that?!"
Jacquees : "She told me a few minutes ago."
Toya: "Jacob please don't tell.." (panicking)
Jacquees : (rubbing my arms up and down) "Hey..Calm down. Now why don't you want me to tell?"
Toya: "My mom will shoot her."
Jacquees : (laughing)
Toya: "I'm serious."
Jacquees : (straight face) "Oh shiz..Don't worry about it." (hugging me) "I got you."

I don't know why I feel like this? But he's being so sweet right now it's cute. He pulled away. "Bye Jacquees ." He smiled and winked. I laughed and walked out of the house and into the car. What the hell just happened?