"You eat it" the guy interrupts, his voice heavy of an accent.
"All" he completes and walks away from the table.

I frown and look back to see Dubois with his head on the table and eyes closed, looking peaceful in the chaotic atmosphere.

"You really should stop staring like you want to kill me" he mumbles with furrowed brows, suddenly shivering at the thought. "You don't actually want to kill me, do you?" He makes sure and I shake my head with a small laugh.

"I'm not that low... I think" I shrug and he looks at me horrified.

"What did he mean by we eat it all?" I ask and looks at me like I couldn't figure out the most obvious thing.

"You taste everything on the menu" He tells me.

Hmm. I really couldn't figure out the obvious. I should stop overthinking things and I might just well figure them out next time.

One by one, someone comes, keeping a food filled plate in front of each of us that tastes heavenly with every bite.

"You enjoying this?" He asks after a while and I nod, my eyes probably sparkling with happiness.

"I don't think, I've ever eaten this well" I laugh and he frowns. "This is..what is the word.." he looks around with a confused look. "I forgot the word" he mumbles ashamed and I chuckle.

"What's it called in french, maybe I know it?" I ask and he smiles.

"Yeah, it's called-" his smile drops and he shakes his head in disappointment. "I can't remember it in French as well."

We continue with our meal when his eyes suddenly light up and he screams.

"Bare minimum. I knew I was forgetting the most obvious word. This is the bare minimum. You should be eating food like this everyday. You should try making it at your house some day" he says and I looks down with a small chuckle.

"I can't cook, Dubois" I tell him and his eyes widen in shock. "You can't?" He seems to have noticed the look on my face as he changes his tome completely.

"I mean- there's nothing wring with not knowing how to cook, my mom can't either... god, her cooking makes me want to dig a hole" he mumbles the last bit to himself and I laugh at that.

"I'm sure hers is no where as bad as mine"

"I can teach you if you like" he smiles and I look at him in question.

"Well, think of it this way. Food is also a type of art, it's like a way for me to express myself."

"I don't need to know how to cook to survive tho"

"But you're curious about it. If there is something that ignites you, chase it. Chase it because you don't want to look back in 2 years, 5 years or 20 years and wonder what would have been if you had done it." He pauses.

"You might not even end up liking it or being good at it, but chase it because you don't know what is waiting for you on the other side of your comfort zone." he finishes with a smile that clearly showed how proud he was of himself at this moment.

Before I can speak up, a different guy walks in, who seemed to be in his mid- twenties at the most and his grin widens at the site of us, Dubois to be more specific.

Dubois gets up, hugging the guy before taking a seat back on his spot.

They both exchange a few words before he turns to me.

"And who might this be?"

"This is Maya, my..." he turns to me. "Boss" he completes his sentence.

"This is Rafe, my friend, he owns the place" Dubois introduces us and I hold out my hand which he takes and plants a small kiss on.

"The food was amazing" I thank him and he smiles. "I'm glad you both enjoyed.

"I believe the dessert is still left" he questions and Dubois shakes his head saying something in French and the guy nods in understanding.

"Are you ready to leave?" Dubois then turns to me and I nod. "Where do I pay?" I ask, standing up and Rafe laughs with a hand on his chest.

"Oh, mon amour, it's on the house, I can't possibly let a beautiful lady such as yourself pay, nor can I take money from Louis, he's too dear to me."

I thank him once again before we both make our way outside and walk down the dark roads.

"Do we have to walk all the way back?" I whine, realizing this. I mean don't get me wrong, I jog everyday but you can't expect me to walk when I'm supposed to be at a relaxing business trip with not much to worry about.

He completely ignores my question and asks one of his own instead.

"Ice cream?"

A/N:

Hi my loves so I actually can't believe we're already 17 weeks into the story. Thank you all so much for the live and support you have, and continue to show me.

Also can someone tell me WHY I have a whole week to write a chapter for you guys but procrastinate till the end to write it?? Its literally 2:16 am here as I'm writing this. I really should stop with the procrastination and give myself time to breathe instead of hurrying and being all over the place in the last hours.

If you want to post anything on TikTok or wherever about be my valentine? please tag me:

Justabrownie.e on Instagram and TikTok
&
Justabrownie_e on Twitter

Thank you for reading my weekly rant and follow my socials to get more sneak peaks of future projects and chapters!

Here are some questions for you to answer like always Xx

PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE CHAPTERS <<

FAVORITE CHARACTER(s) <<

YOUR CURRENT READS (physical or wattpad books) <<

And finally, question of the week: WHAT AND HOW MANY LANGUAGES CAN YOU SPEAK?