Oum: It grieves me to tell you, but Optimus Prime, has become one with the All-spark.

This horrified Megatron, hearing what became of his old brother-in-arms. Despite their shared history, he still carried great respect for him. To hear such news, was heartbreaking.

Megatron: Optimus, dead, HOW?! Unicron was imprisoned in the All-spark's containment vessel. There's no way he could've caused this?!

Oum: You are correct. Optimus did this on his own accord. To ensure the future of Cybertron, and for new life to flourish.

Megatron: I don't follow.

Oum: Before Unicron was imprisoned, the only way to stop him from devouring the all-spark and ending Cybertron. Was by emptying it, and merging it with the Matrix of Leadership. Thus, extracting Unicron from your body, freeing you and imprisoning him for all time saving Cybertron. Afterwards, Optimus flew into the planet's core through the well of sparks. Merging with the core, sacrificing himself, so that future generations could have life.

For a moment, Megatron said nothing. For a Millenia he'd been warning his disciples that Optimus was not so easily defeated, as he had explained to all, who foolishly tried it. But to come to the realization that he was no longer online, was tough to swallow.

Megatron: So why come to me, why not one of the Autobots? 

Monty Oum: Because they're preoccupied with rebuilding the damage to your homeworld. Besides, you and Optimus were very much alike, or should I say, you and Orion Pax, Megatronus.

Megatron's eyes widened with shock, few had ever known his back story with Prime. Before the breakout of the great war. Many didn't even know his name before switching to his present one.

Megatron: How do you know this?

Monty Oum: I see all, but more to the point. I offer you the chance to help a world, one thrown into disarray by my children, the brother gods. They had done well maintaining the peace. Until the day Salem was granted immortality. Then abandoning the world they created through my instructions, shattering it's moon in the process. They have shamed me, I need someone to help Ozma prevail, and to help bring humanity together through hope and honesty. I fear him withholding the truth about Salem, will only divide humanity, and give Salem what she wants.

Megatron: Why is she such a threat? Why should I care? Why don't you do-

Monty gave Megatron a glare only Unicron couldn't stomach.

Megatron: Never mind.

Monty Oum: I can grant you what you want, revert you to your original armor. I know you loathe your present attire, do you not?

Megatron: For someone who needs not a cordical psychic patch, you sure know how to read minds. Even one that isn't organic like those of the humans.

Monty Oum: More to the point. I heard your prattle. Your self regrets. And I know you seek a new purpose. Believe it or not, your the only one who can.

Megatron: How? What is it?

Monty Oum: All will be revealed in time. You wish to know why I won't kill her or clean up the mess left behind by the gods of light and darkness?