survival show

𓆩♡𓆪
some (long) time later,
early 2020

sunghoon was living his trainee life like normal, currently in his social presence course. this is stupid, he thought every thursday evening, from six to seven o'clock (kst). the park boy never quite understood why he had to suffer through this course — he knew himself enough to know he wasn't stupid enough to mess his public image up by saying, or doing, something stupid.

the repetitive word in that paragraph perfectly captures his rating for the course:

stupid.

park felt as though his guardian angel had heard his internal conflict, however, as the door opened, interrupting the dear teacher.

a head popped in, belonging to one of the staff members projected to be a manager for a future project under bighit. the male smile at miss sim, apologizing for the interruption.

"bang pd is asking for the meeting now."

the meeting?

miss sim seemed to understand the morse code sejun had spoken in, the young woman turning her attention towards two of the trainees in her impromptu classroom. "sunghoon-ssi, jongseong-ssi, please follow mr. sejun,"

the park pair looked at eachother with a quirked brow, sunghoon shrugging an i don't know either before standing up. the two softly bowed towards miss sim and the other three trainees sat around the table, stepping through the door sejun had been holding open.

"hyung?" jongseong asked as he and the others walked through the somewhat small hallways. "hm?" sejun asked.

"what meeting?"

a small chuckle came from the older male, softly shaking his head at the pair's curiosity. "you'll find out soon enough. it'll be quick."

"you've all been chosen to participate on a survival show. congratulations."

bang pd's words seemed fake, as if he were pulling a prank on them. was this the end? was it a cover up to tell them their entire training periods have been this 'survival show' and they had failed? had-

sunghoon was somehow able to halt his non-stop thoughts, taking a second to glance at who else was in the room with him.

jongseong, who he'd known for a while.. and he was good. jongseong was great, even. sunghoon often times felt a bit insecure when he had to go against jongseong, even though everyone knew them as the perfect unit— balancing eachother out in the right ways and filling in the gaps of what the other lacked in.

lee heeseung, the ace. everyone was surprised when he hadn't been chosen for the barely debuted group— tomorrow x together. he was.. perfect, in everyone's eyes. the entire trainee team knew heeseung was born to be an idol, everyone was .. scared of him, despite the older being ridiculously nice to everyone.

there were a few others, including one who resembled.. a dog? it doesn't sound nice to say it like that, but that's how it really was. the boy was overly nice, had big, sparkling brown eyes, and overall gave off a.. soft energy. sunghoon wasn't entirely sure of his name, as the newer trainees were kept seperate from the veteran ones until they were able to keep up.

before sunghoon could continue his evaluations on the fellow boys, band pd spoke again. "there will be more contestants, of course, but you all are the first batch. the recording schedule and everything to follow will be revealed in it's due time, for now continue working hard in your given schedules. again, congratulations."

𓆩♡𓆪