The Bonfire

Sophies POV

As we got closer to the fire I could already hear Megan shouting, but that was Megan, she was loud and proud.

Megan

Hey!

*She yelled from a distance now running towards the pair*

Alex

How is it that you haven't had a dop of alcohol and still be that loud and crazy

Now, I could tell that she couldn't make out who I was because we were still a bit far but I knew that as soon as she could she would let everyone know it was me and she did.

Megan

Oh my god! You're back. *She shouted and ran to hug me.*

I guess you could say I was very close to a select amount of girls on the team

Sophie

Yeah I am.

As soon as, Alex, Megan and I finished talking, we finally went in to join everyone else. Megan being Megan didn't let it go quietly.

Megan

Hey! Everyone listen up. To those of you who don't know this is Sophie Cahill, Alex's best friend, she's just gotten back from serving her tour in the middle east and is finally home. I want to be the first one to say thank you, for everything that you do for our country and I hope you enjoy your time back, we love you!

*Some people shouted we love you*

Megan

Anyways let's get back to this party and Go USA!

"Boo" Someone says from the crowd and people laugh

Megan

Oh yeah, we'll see about that when we win this week.

And so, the party continued. I talked with the new members, the people I knew, and even a few of the Lionesses. About an hour passed by and I began to get a bit overwhelmed and went to sit by the water to just relax. There was something about the ocean to me that was so calming, soothing, it was one of the things I missed being back home. I just sat there, admiring the sun setting on the ocean, really taking it in, the sound of the waves crashing, the cold breeze on my cheek, the mixture of  the soft and rough sand through my toes.

Then she came and sat next to me

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Then she came and sat next to me.

The voice

Mind if I sit?

Sophie

No, go ahead

The voice

Coming Homeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें