v. stained red*

"You little mother fucking bitch!" Mia yelled as a bullet tore through her skin

It had been a week since she had last seen her soulmates and Mia was getting antsy.

Her and Steve were on a reconnaissance mission that had quickly turned south. It was meant to only take a few days but as they got deeper within the organization, they knew they couldn't pull out yet.

(It's taking everything in me not to laugh at that last sentence)

They were located in the Northwest Territories, just South of the Canadian Shield when they were ambushed.

She grunted as another shot through her side before she jumped off a cliff, pulling Steve with her.

They flew through the air, falling down quickly before they landed in a lake of freezing cold water.

Mia never let go of Steve as she pulled them up to the surface, coughing slightly as she dragged his now unconscious body up to the snow covered river bank.

The bullets had seemed to stop. They had clearly given up after realizing no human could survive that fall, nor the harsh temperature of the water.

The blonde vampire glanced down at Steve whose lungs still held a large majority of water and sighed before pressing her lips against his.

She tilted his head back as she breathed into his mouth before pulling away as he began coughing up water.

Steve sat up, his suit starting to freeze much like her own as water spilled from his lips. He grunted as he wiped away the drool before looking back at her, "Does that count as our first kiss?"

Mia chuckled as she rolled her eyes, "Not a chance, Rogers."

"You think they're still coming?"

"Well, it usually lasts a few minutes after I'm done with them," She joked, causing him to gag.

"I didn't mean Klaus, Mia. I meant the people trying to kill us."

She looked at him in interest, "How'd you know I was talking about Nik?"

"Have you seen that man when he's around you? He's practically on his knees the second you enter a room."

Mia laughed as she leaned against a tree, shivering slightly from her almost frozen suit, "Should we call backup?"

He shrugged, "Can you walk?"

She nodded.

He shrugged once more, "We can probably get to the plane ourselves- Unless you need a medical," He teased with a small smirk.

Mia smiled as she stood up and held out her hand to the blonde man, "If anyone's gonna need a medical, it's gonna be you, old man."

Steve grinned as he took her hand to pull himself up, "We'll see about that when we get to the jet. Or rather when your soulmates realize you've been reckless when you specifically promised them you wouldn't."