iii. worried soulmates and open caskets

"It's been a day! Why isn't she answering?" Rebekah yelled as she and her brothers gathered in Mia's living room

Eventually, they had all chosen to stay there, taking turns sleeping in the girl's bed which was the only thing that brought comfort to them during her absence.

"What did you say to her, Elijah? You talked to her last," Klaus asked.

The suited man held his head in his hands, "I told her I loved her."

"You did what?" They all yelled.

Kol breathed out, "Of course she isn't answering. You scared her off."

"I didn't scare her off! She told me she would call me back in a few hours. Something must have happened."

"Is there any way we can tell? It's not like the news is covering thi-"

"Would you like to know the status of Ms. Rutherford?" The robotic voice of Friday asked, cutting Rebekah off.

"Can we?"

"Of course. Ms. Rutherford gave me special permission to tell you anything necessary. Ms. Rutherford is currently unconscious. She has traces of chloroform in her system aswell as an untraceable amount of midazolam in her blood. Her location is unknown. But I can see that Ms. Romanoff is with her or at least near her."

They stayed silent.

"It appears you are all in shock. Would you like me to go through breathing techniques? Both Ms. Rutherford and Mr. Stark recommend the 5,4,3,2,1 method. It proves to be very effective during such times."

"Can you tell what country she is in?" Elijah asked softly after a few minutes.

"Unknown. Her tracker has been turned off."

"She's still..." Kol trailed off, "She's still alive?"

"Yes. She is only unconscious, Mr. Mikaelson. Her last known whereabouts were in Ms. Romanoff's mother's home, Melina Vostokoff. Red Guardian, Alexei Shostakov, was also spotted there. It is likely that Ms. Rutherford is with them."

"What about her dad? Where'd he go?"

"He disappeared when Ms. Rutherford and Ms. Romanoff were attacked by Red Room assassins in Budapest. Ms. Rutherford suspects they captured him or that he ran."

"What about the Avengers? Where the hell are they?"

"The available ones are searching but have found nothing. The rest, however, are on missions of their own or are off-world. The only ones available are Mr. Stark, Mr. Rogers and Ms. Maximoff."

"What about Peter? Where's the kid?"

"Mr. Parker has not been informed of his sister's disappearance. Mr. Stark does not want to worry the boy."