iii. dark rooms and locked doors*

*smut warning*

*smut warning*

Mia cuddled further into Kol's chest as she slept soundly. The vampire smiled in his sleep, his arms wrapping tighter around her waist in an attempt to bring her closer.

The Avenger was supposed to be going on a mission later that week and the Mikaelsons were displeased, to say the least.

"Mia, you, Peter and Wanda will be heading to California to check out some sketchy behaviour. You'll be there for a week at the latest," Tony told her as they sat in the meeting room.

The blonde girl nodded simultaneously with Wanda and Peter.

"You'll be posing as high school students and will be attending a high school. Your identities are in the folder along with any other information you may need. Dismissed."

That was two days ago. Since then, she had been surrounded by the vampires almost every minute of the day and even the night.

They understood her job though and her need to protect. It took them a while to fully grasp it but as they watched her save more and more lives, they began to understand.

Mia loved helping people.

And they loved her for it.

After her meeting with the team, she met Klaus in an art room Tony had converted with a little convincing from Mia.

"Can I come in?" The blonde girl asked after she knocked on the door.

The hybrid grinned as he set down his paintbrush, "Of course you can, my love."

He moved over on his seat, beckoning her over to sit by his side. When she joined him, he smiled before kissing her cheek, "How was the meeting?"

Mia leaned into his side as she watched his brush move against the canvas in gentle strokes, his free hand on her waist, "Boring. Pete, Wands and I are going on a mission soon."

"How long?" He asked, his ocean blue eyes meeting hers.

"A week at most," She answered, staring up at him.

He sighed, setting down his brush once more before his hand moved up to her cheek, "I'll miss you, my dearest Mia."

The girl's lip turned upwards, her eyes closing as she leaned into his hand, "I'll miss you too, Nik."

He smiled slightly as his fingers played with a strand of her blonde hair, "You're so beautiful."

Her cheeks tinted pink at his words, "Stop."

"I can't help it. I need you to know how beautiful you are."

Mia smiled softly as she rested her forehead against his, "I love you, Nik."