vi. bombs and pop tarts

"Do you think he'd like a collar?" Mia asked as she and Stefan walked inside a pet shop

It had been a month since she left Mystic Falls with the two supernaturals.

If she were being honest, she had actually enjoyed her time with the hybrid. She had only left three times during their trip, and each time Nik had been restless.

It annoyed Stefan greatly. He was always pacing, coming up with theories about her death when she didn't call him back right away.

Two Weeks Earlier 

"Nik, I'm a little busy," Mia told him as she punched a man in the throat.

"You didn't answer my call," He said in a nervous tone as he heard gunshots go off in the distance.

"Like I said-" She grunted as a man punched her in the stomach, "I'm a little busy."

He could hear another round of gunshots before Mia yelled, "Suka!"

"Are you alright?" He asked nervously.

"Just a graze. You're beginning to make me think you care," She teased as she stabbed a man in the chest.

"You got blood on my vest! I like this vest!" She shouted at a man as she strangled him with her thighs.

"I told you she was fine," She heard Stefan say on the other line.

Mia grinned as the man went unconscious before she stood, glancing at the bodies that lined the floor. "Have some faith, Niklaus. I just got a new record."

"And what would that be?" The hybrid asked in a curious tone, his nerves slowly disappearing when the gunshots disappeared.

"I took out thirty men in 40 seconds. That's 1.3 seconds per each man," She told him with a grin as she wiped some blood off her chin.

Stefan grabbed the phone out of the blonde man's hand, "And we're both very proud, but please come back soon. I can't deal with his pacing any longer."

Present

The vampire glanced down at the red collar in her hand, "It depends on who gives it to him. If it were me, I'd end up dead. If it were you- If it were you he'd probably wear it."

Mia grinned, Stefan was right, he would wear the collar for her.

She wanted to give the hybrid a gift, partly because his birthday was coming up but also as a thank you.

When he learned how she felt around the sounds of screams and death, he had given her a custom made pair of headphones to drown out the noise.

He had also helped her with her fear of killing people after she confided in him one night due to a nightmare.