wait in the truck

Start from the beginning

"I never thought my day of justice would come from a Judge under a seat. But I knew I'd never get hit again when he said to me, "wait in the truck. Just wait in the truck." 

Upon stopping at the trailer, Harper saw Griffin pull a Taurus Judge revolver out from under the driver's seat and her eyes went wide in shock. "Don't worry. I only use this bad boy in case of emergencies and this seems like one of 'em. I won't be long. Oh, and Harper. Just wait in the truck."

"Well, I knocked and knocked and no one came so I kicked in his double wide door. I let the hammer drop before he got to that twelve he was reaching for."

After getting out of the truck, Griffin made his way up the porch steps of the trailer and knocked on the door. But when no one came, he knocked again but with a bit more force. And again when there was no answer, Griffin just got mad. "You know what? Screw it!!!" said Griffin and literally kicked open the trailer door, much to the shock of the guy currently sitting in a recliner and watching a re-run of a football game on the TV. "Yo, what the f**k, bro?!" asked the P.O.S guy when he saw Griffin enter his home and instantly scrambled out of the easy chair and made a mad dash for the shotgun he kept in the hallway for intruders. "I don't think so." said Griffin angrily as he ran in after the guy and quickly pulled him into a headlock before he could reach the shotgun and   began choking him as he dragged him back out to the living room and threw him onto the cold, hard floor of the trailer. 

"I didn't try to hide my pistol. I didn't even try to run. I just sat on the porch smoking one of his cigarettes and waited for the cops to come."

Upon being released from Griffin's grasp, the guy attempted to reach for a hammer that was next to the TV on the entertainment center but the next minute went limp and lifeless following the sound of a single gunshot. Pleased to see he had gotten the job done, Griffin grabbed a pack of cigarettes off the side table next to the recliner, lit it and went back outside, where he was pulled in for another tight hug by Harper. "Why, Griffin? Why'd you do it?" asked Harper quietly as she looked Griffin in the eye and heard sirens coming. "Because, I still love you, Harper Marie Dunn. No matter what." said Griffin as he took the cigarette out of his mouth, stamped it out with his foot and set the gun on the hood of his truck right as the policed arrived and he was taken away before he was faced before a judge and sentenced to life in the Louisiana State Penitentiary for the murder of "an innocent man" three weeks later, much to the shock of his family. However, Harper was eternally grateful. Yes, Griffin was gonna be behind bars for the rest of his life, but he did it for a good reason. Now, she could finally rest knowing the man who had bruised and beaten her to a bloody pulp many times over would forever pay for his crimes in Hell.

"Whoa-oh, have mercy on me, Lord. Have mercy on me. Have mercy on me, Lord.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"It's been sixty months and she still comes to see me from time to time. It was worth the price to see a brighter side of the girl I picked up that night. And I might be here forever. It ain't paradise, that's true. But it's a whole hell of a lot better than the place I sent him to. Yeah."

Five years later, as 28-year-old Griffin Campbell walked down the halls of his now-forever home with two guards at his side, he couldn't help but wonder if he would ever get out. He'd unsuccessfully tried to request for parole a month earlier but the cards of good luck didn't seem to be in his favor. However, one other good thing did come out of everything that happened that night:He was able to rekindle his relationship with Harper and they were still going strong, regardless of his situation. They wrote letters to each other on a daily basis and Harper came to see him often. In fact, he was actually on his way to talk to her now, via the glass wall-phone thingy(I really don't know what that thing's called so just cut me some slack, a'ight?!). They talked for a good ten minutes about anything and everything, including today being the five-year-anniversary of Griffin saving Harper. "You know, Griffin, ever since you picked me up that night, I've always wondered why you did what you did for me. Why you were willing to kill someone for me. Why you went to all that trouble for a single gunshot and still let yourself get arrested. And most importantly, Why it seemed like you still loved me way back then, even after all that we said and did." said Harper slowly. "I already told you:It's because I did." said Griffin nonchalantly as he let out a yawn. "Well, I think that's part of it. I actually think it's because you couldn't bear to see me hurt and scared half to death and, by the grace of God, you did what had to be done so I could live a peaceful live with no more scars." said Harper, smiling fondly. "Looks like you finally figured it out. And, what can I say? You're really special to me, Harper and any jackass that couldn't see it absolutely deserves to rot in Hell where he belongs." said Griffin, smiling back at Harper as he saw the two guards who escorted make their way back towards him. "Well, guess I gotta go now." said Griffin, beginning to hang up the phone. "Wait, Griffin!" called Harper suddenly. "Yes?" "I never actually told you this, but, thank you. For everything." said Harper, quietly. "Anytime, Locker Ninja." said Griffin as he hung up the phone and the two guards began to escort him back to his cell.

"Have mercy, have mercy, have mercy(wait in the truck. Just wait in the truck.) Have mercy, have mercy(wait in the truck. Just wait in the truck.) Have mercy on me, Lord. Have mercy on me. Have mercy, have mercy, have mercy on me, Lord. Have mercy on me."

As Griffin walked back to his cell, he began to think about everything he ever did in his life, and how he never expected that at the young age of 23, he'd get himself thrown in jail, but after a bit of thinking it over with his conscience, he ultimately decided it really was worth it so Harper could lead a good life and after he was back in his cell, he began to pray to God that He would have mercy on him.

"Have mercy on me. Have mercy, have mercy, have mercy on me. Have mercy on me, Lord. Have mercy on me. Have mercy, have mercy, have mercy on me(wait in the truck. Just wait in the truck.) Have mercy, have mercy, have mercy on me(wait in the truck. Just wait in the truck.)"

As Harper left the Louisiana State Penitentiary and climbed in her dark-black Ford F150 pickup truck, she looked at her reflection in the truck mirror and sent a silent prayer of thanks to the Lord for Griffin being her savior that night and telling her to "wait in the truck" before sighing deeply, putting the truck in drive and beginning to drive back to Sulphur Springs. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And that's a wrap on my very first songfic, "wait in the truck." So, guys, how'd I do? Good? Bad? Terrible? Lemme know down below and I'll see y'all on the flipside. Ciao 4 now!!!

(Also, the only reason I only left little breadcrumbs about Harper and Griffin's breakup in this story is because I didn't want it to distract y'all from the main story itself. So, if you want, feel free to let me know your reasoning for them breaking up down below.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------