#31

cold.. my bare feet against the snow, freezing every nerve of my body.
i look down and see myself wearing a white dress. i need to run. he's coming. run!

in an instant i start running further into the woods. snow flakes fall on me, caressing my naked arms while i run desperately.

i don't feel parts of my body, i think i'm really freezing. i stop, leaning my back behind a tree, breathing heavily.

help.. please..

and then i hear it, a sinister, mocking laugh.

i move away from the tree and start running again. please god, don't let him catch me again, please.

i know my only hope are my nearest neighbors. even though their house is very far, i need to run, i need to keep going.  

my lungs burn every time i breathe the freezing air. i hear the quick footsteps behind me, and i dare to take a look behind my shoulder.

a scream leaves my lips when i see him.

him.. the monster that took everything away from me. my hunter.

i keep on running, even though i know he'll soon catch me. when i feel him just behind me, i take a thick tree branch and i turn around, pointing it at him.
"don't come any closer!"

"y/n."
he says making my arms shake but i hold the branch firmly still.

"please.. stop! let me go.. please."

he already destroyed everything, isn't that enough for him?

"no."
he takes a step towards me and i hit him as hard as i can with the branch, but he grabs it and snatches it from my hands and threw it.

i tremble in fear, and i try to turn around to run but he pushes me, making me fall on my back.

he quickly moves on top of me. i scream so loud that my ears hurt, but it doesn't seem to bother him, he knows no one can hear me.

i fight to escape, but he takes my hands with one of his and buried them in the snow above my head.

"no! please no! let me go!"

"shhhh, y/n."
his free hand falls to my knee, where the dress ends and starts moving it up my leg, lifting the dress with it.

his breathing accelerates. my pleadings between tears, fear, repulsion and  impotence don't seem to affect him at all.

when his hand reaches my thigh, i scream.

i jump, waking up practically sitting on my bed. the sweat dipping off my face, my heart beating desperately.

another memory..

i take a sip of water from my night table, and look at the clock marking 4:22 am. why that time? i always have nightmares around that time.

putting that aside, that disturbing memory made me realize something. every time i remember something about the killer, he has his face covered.

what if i never saw his face? he could've never known i wouldn't be able to remember him.

did i not see you? did you not reveal your face to me, so that you could stay close to me without me knowing?

-

"the moment has arrived."
jasmine doesn't try to hide the sadness in her voice, and i don't blame her, i'm also fighting with a knot in my throat.

we both stop in front of the front door of the psychiatric, there's already a uber waiting to take her to the airport.