chapter 32

Chapter 32 : A Shadow's Best Gown≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

The queen's birthday was only one day away. Because the queen had requested the Eight Warriors to perform, she had offered dressers to tailor and customize each of their attires. They were welcomed back into her castle solely for the purpose of preparing their ball outfits.

"Isn't this a little last minute?" Suyin questioned.

"Dressers, designers, and stylists are swift. Especially the royal dressers,"  Sunoo explained while they walked. "That's why we haven't been called in for a while."

"They sound extremely professional," Suyin said while in awe of the queen's castle again. "I've also never done anything like this before. I used to live in a small village...I had no idea about dressers back then."

"Trust me, I know dressers. They'll do their work. All you need to do is follow along," Sunoo reassured. Suyin gave him a small nod.

As the Eight Warriors strolled through the queen's glorious white and gold castle, they eventually arrived at the end of the hallway. Suyin tailed the back of her group, rubbing her arm. Nervous thoughts skittered around her head. She had no idea how stylists would perceive her.

Suyin thought her mind was wandering far into her imagination, but she noticed a twinkle in the corner of her eye. She flinched as the star-like glitter transformed at her front. It bursted into a gorgeous man who had alluring silver white wings. Suyin swore that the light danced on his face like natural glitter. Various more little stars approached the team, appearing in the light.

"Are you the— um," Suyin stuttered, astounded by the charming people. She had never seen a fairy before, but she had heard stories about how they were highly attractive humans with breathtaking wings and creative talents.

As the fairies organized themselves and approached their assigned warriors, Suyin froze up. The silver winged man remained in her presence. Suyin assumed he was judging her face from how long he scrutinized her for. As he closed his eyes and swiped his arm across his front, his wings dissolved into clear air.

"Hello, Warrior Huang. I am Xu Minghao," he introduced. More beautiful fairies appeared at his sides. "This is Lisa, Ningning, and Ten. Now, let's move along. The ball is in one day. We have lots to do. We must find a dress fit to your standards, accessories to accentuate that darling face of yours, and shoes!"

Suyin's eyes expanded hearing "darling face." No one had ever called her beautiful like that. She flinched as Minghao patted her back, urging her forward. Their unfazed facial expressions and quick feet caught Suyin off guard. Unlike many others she had met, these four stylists didn't seem to be bothered by her presence. Their main focus seemed to be fashion and fitting.

Minghao pushed open a pair of white doors, welcoming Suyin into one of the castle's dressing rooms. The wide floor shined in white marble, glimmering under the chandelier lighting. Gold stroked the white wall panels like every other room, elevating the royal beauty.