chapter 22

Chapter 22 : Silvery Blue Charm≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

The Eight Warrior's dragons soared in the sky alongside clouds for hours. However overbearing the heat was, winds eventually greeted their faces. The air crinkled as if winter conquered summer. Evening lilacs melted into the sky's vibrant orange glow as time passed. As the team traveled further, a milky fog clouded the upcoming area. The closer the Eight Warriors were to their destination, the more torches that emerged into their sights. A tall gray stone castle peaked out from the fog, meaning that the team had finally arrived at the land of Schild.

Schild was their last destination, for it was responsible for patrolling the Obex. Their dragons landed at the entrance of the titanic castle, huffing out puffs of air. The team hopped off their rides, swinging their bags over their shoulders.

"Name yourselves," commanded a knight armored in chain mail.

"The Eight Warriors," Heeseung answered.

The guard's eyes expanded, and he nearly choked on his words. "Welcome in, our future saviors. We have been anticipating your arrival," he said, straightening his back.

The front gates reached the air, allowing the team to enter the castle grounds. A bridge led them to the tall double front doors guarded by more soldiers. The team stepped through, viewing the massive interior of the castle. Suyin surveyed how the color blue owned the castle. Blue flames of torches glazed over the gray stone walls and an endless blue carpet that rolled down the hallway. A middle-aged brunette man sauntered down the blue carpet along with a younger boy who appeared to be around twenty of age. Suyin assumed the man was the baron who owned Schild's stone castle and land.

"Greetings, our future saviors. What an honor it is to finally meet you," Berther greeted the eight who stood in a huddled group. He was on the heavy side, wearing royal blue and silver clothing that matched the castle's cold walls. "I am Berther Ead, baron of Schild. And if you don't remember from the Warrior trials, this is my son, Colin. He was the one who demonstrated his typhokinesis."

His dark brunette son stepped into view with his hands folded behind his back. Youth glittered in his charming face–glistening blue eyes and soft-skinned. He wore a white dress shirt and a black leather vest that stole a glimpse of light at every movement. "Pleasure to meet you," Colin said, bowing as well.

"Dude– how are you so attractive?" Jake gasped with disbelief.

Colin chuckled at Jake's compliment. "I don't know, but I'd ask the same for you," he quipped.

A smirk laid across Jake's face, and he stepped forward. "My guy–" Jake slapped his hand with Colin's, shaking each other's hands. As they let go of each other's grip, Colin glanced at all the warriors until laying his stare upon Suyin. Suyin rubbed her arms as she noticed him scrutinizing her.