chapter 12

Chapter 12 : Healing Hands≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

A light shined through her closed eyes. Suyin could hear a pain about to infiltrate her head until...it suddenly vanished. A wave of tranquility rippled through her, easing her body. Although Suyin was at peace, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. A tingling sensation danced on her skin–something she had never felt before.

Suyin finally lifted her eyelids–vision blurry until Jungwon's face glowed through it. Pieces of his bangs became clear, and his attentive face became familiar. Her eyes fluttered, and she glanced down at his hands. Jungwon's palms were hovering over her stomach, releasing a white glow. He was concentrated–his lips were pursed, his eyes were narrowed, and his dimple was on display.

"Jungwon?" Suyin whispered.

Jungwon flickered his eyes to the girl, but he remained silent.

"Did– did you– what's going on?" She asked. She shifted, but she hissed at a sharp pain inside her abdomen, crushing her eyes.

She stilled as a gentle hand met her shoulder.

"Don't move," Jungwon ordered, focusing on his healing.

She observed her surroundings, and she realized she was sitting up against a tree. Despite having been awake now, fuzziness lingered over her memory. "What happened?" Suyin inquired.

"You passed out after the Baihu spirit clawed you."

A frown rested on her face, and she glanced down at his hands once more. "Are you using the cave's healing water?"

"No. I didn't have enough time to search for the healing pool in the cave...so I'm using my powers to heal you."

Suyin hummed. "You can heal...I forgot."  She had forgotten that crystal manipulators had multiple gifts to their power. Sunstone was his attack, obsidian was his shield, white quartz was to heal people, and jade was his self-heal.

"Why didn't you fight back?" He huffed, frustration laced in his voice.

Suyin's eyes ran off before his stare could reach her. Her words jumbled inside her throat, clogging the air that urged her to escape. She examined the dirt ground, finding it rather more interesting than his question.

"That Baihu would've killed you if I hadn't stepped in." He listened to her vexing silence, observing her confused, wandering fear. Jungwon's eyes squeezed shut. "Listen, I don't care about you. I wouldn't even save your life if it wasn't for our team. But you need to start fighting back unless you want our team to fail."

She gulped down the lump in her throat, but regret clung on like a flea. His harsh tone had cut right through her. Suyin didn't need to express her guilt in words, for it lied across her face so clearly.